12-25-2010 07:43 PM
602 ... 1819202122 ...
    I love the icons. Also the widget: a full calendar with icons is available, and two clicks gets to a nice agenda view. There is also a "next appointment" widget that gives time until the next appointment and also details. I have contacted the developer twice with questions and both times received a quick answer.
    09-15-2010 08:38 AM
    Audio Manager Widget - allows you to see the volume levels of everything, and to adjust.
    Newest version of MiniInfo allows you to do the same!
    09-15-2010 11:50 AM
    Dazzle Configurable Switcher - widget that you can choose the size, and choose what it will do - ringer, sync, WiFi, BT, GPS, airplane, or brightness.
    Oh how I wish this widget was complete! I love that it gives you so many options to choose from. But I don't understand why the GPS toggle can't simply turn GPS on/off (just like the Power Control widget does).

If possible, I'd also like to see other toggles included, such as one for Flashlight, Auto-Rotate, LED Lights, and Always On (screen).
    09-15-2010 12:43 PM
    I'm going to try a new widget switcher, too, and read something while searching for it that there's a Google prohibition against a one-button switch for gps for some reason. Why oh why is anyone's guess, but I'm gonna keep looking for one! Maybe one will make it under the fence and then we just don't update it!
    09-15-2010 01:44 PM
    2-Advanced Task Killer
    3-Opera Mini
    4-barcode scanner
    09-15-2010 03:10 PM
    Android 3.0 Gingerbread seems good
    09-16-2010 09:55 PM
    any comments on newsroom??
    09-16-2010 11:11 PM
    1. Solitaire - yeah, I'm old school like that!
    2. Optimum - program my DVR from my phone, yes please
    3. Easy Tether - simply a must have
    4. LIRR - train schedules on my phone
    5. Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2010 - no explanation needed
    what is the LIRR app?

i typed in LIRR in the android market and i didnt see anything come up. is this a paid app?

09-17-2010 01:33 PM
    Long Island Railroad?
    09-17-2010 02:30 PM
    DOODLE JUMP update

received in my email:

Thank you for your email. We understand your frustration with the current version of Doodle Jump on Android. We too are frustrated. Here is the situation:

In terms of issues that have been mentioned in the Market Place comments, we have had a build ready to go for some time. Thus far the licensor (LimaSky) has not given greenlight to the builds due to discrepancies between the iPhone and Android version. With the iPhone platform, developers are developing 1 single build to fit one device, whereas with Android, we cover over 90 different devices which come in many sizes and form factors. This is why it has taken us a very long time to get the update out to everyone.

In our current state, we believe we have achieved about 95% of what’s needed for the greenlight. We are very, very close in other words. And even though it seems that we have neglected this issue for too long, the situation is the absolute opposite in reality.

Recently, September 2 & 3, LimaSky and GameHouse were physically together in Helsinki working to get the absolute best Android game to you. Given our track record with the long delay, we don’t want to commit to a specific date for when the update will happen. One of the great things about the Android Market is once we have approval; the updated build will go up immediately.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will play Doodle Jump when we do launch the update.

GameHouse Customer Support
    09-18-2010 09:15 PM
    Thank you for your email. We understand your frustration with the current version of Doodle Jump on Android. We too are frustrated. Here is the situation: ...
    You know, I can't remember the last time I saw a corporate communication to a customer/client/end-user that was so clear and informative. There's usually a lot of euphemisms, vague promises and off-point cheerleading. The apparently honest "here's the deal" is great to see.

Sorry, wanted to get that off my chest.

[LURK ON]
    09-19-2010 10:31 AM
    1. Twicca
    2. Foursquare
    3. Pandora
    4. LiveScores
    5. Zedge

Not necessarily what I consider the 5 best apps or anything, just the 5 I use the most.
    09-19-2010 08:52 PM
    Dolphin hd
    09-21-2010 12:24 AM

Launcher Pro
    Weatherbug Elite

Honorable Mention:
    Act 1 Video Player
    Age of Conquest
    Angry Birds
    09-21-2010 09:57 AM
    Any golfers out there? How are the GPS apps?
    What are the best ones?
    09-22-2010 07:55 PM
    Handcent SMS
    EStrongs File Explorer
    Google Voice

The first four are the ones I've found the most useful (though I have a couple of others I'd suggest putting up there, but they're mainly for those of you using SSH - ConnectBot and AndFTP). Google Voice is promising to become more useful with the widgets it comes with allowing me to more easily switch between sending calls either via my cell or GV number. Thing is, I can't remember the last time I got voice mail ...

Oh, and don't ever download Hypnotoad. It's a piece of cra-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
    09-23-2010 06:42 AM
    Outside of the core Google-branded apps, such as Gmail & Maps, here are my top 5 (in no particular order):

1. LauncherPro Plus (Homescreen Launcher)
    2. ASTRO (File Manager)
    3. PicSay Pro (Photo Editing)
    4. Cubed "3" (Music Player)
    5. Touiteur (Twitter App)

Honorable Mention: Pandora, Beautiful Widgets, Google Voice, AppBrain, Vignette, Dropbox, Shazam, Amazon MP3, and BattStatt
    09-23-2010 08:42 AM
    Droid X here. So many to choose from, but my magic five are:

1. Launcher Pro
    2. ROM Manager (I've been on 2.2 and FlyX for a while now without issue. Updated to the latest OTA version with Beesley's build.props this morning - Smooth sailing)
    3. Root Explorer
    4. Tweetcaster (tried Twitter native, Toutieur, and Twidroid and always come back. Love the widget and FB sync).
    5. Dolphin Browser HD - Next level.

Honorable mentions (sorry, five is impossible):

1. iReal Book (pro musician here, and I use that app on gigs constantly).
    2. Kindle (yeah, I went there - love and use constantly. When home, my Droid X syncs to the last read spot on my Kindle DX. This = awesome)
    3. Tapatalk
    4. Vignette, FX and Retro Cameras
    5. Pure Calendar widget
    6. NFL App - Live streaming game? Insane.
    7. Cubed music player
    8. Pandora
    9. Zedge
    10. Folder Organizer
    09-24-2010 05:43 PM
    the Johnson bubble level is SPOT on
    09-25-2010 03:07 AM
    I have the Droid 2. These are the programs I use or intend to use regularly:

Super Manager (Root)
    Wireless Tether (Root)
    Tone Picker
    Google Voice Texting
    Quick Office
    Voice Search
    Youversion Bible
    Droid Light

I'm hoping to find more friends with Androids so I can use TiKL
    09-25-2010 02:25 PM
    TuneIn Radio - Android app on AppBrain
    Music Junk

TuneIn Radio is cool because it collects AM and FM internet radio stations from all over the world, and its easily searchable by topic, station, location, or even language.

The 2nd link, Music Junk allows you to search for mp3s on your phone, preview and download them. Usually has good variety
    09-25-2010 10:04 PM
    01. Pandora
    02. Launcher Pro
    03. Beautiful Widgets
    04. Quick App Clean Cache
    05. Twicca

I'm constantly adding to my list of honorable mentions, but currently they are: Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Bible, Laputa, Movies, SportsTap, SwiftKey, man the list goes on. I'm forgetting good ones, but my phone's off for the night and I can't remember w/o looking through them!
    09-25-2010 10:36 PM
    autostarts, system panel, osmonitor.....
    09-26-2010 11:24 AM
    Any golfers out there? How are the GPS apps?
    What are the best ones?
    I use free caddie pro. one time fee of $14.99 or something. Has a simple interface that gives you yardage to green, bunkers, hazards. Also, has a fly over view allowing you to see the entire hole from above, and allows you to click anywhere to get yardage to that point. Also lets you keep your score and upload to save your scores.

For the price, I think it is the best app that gives me what I want. Be warned, the gps burns through your battery. With stock battery, you get 18 holes, and then I had about 30% battery left. With extended verizon battery, I get 18 holes and still have 70% battery left!

Oh, and they let me transfer my fee from windows mobile (I had a samsung omnia, what a piece of crap btw) to android. No questions asked! Highly recommend.

Hope this helps.
    09-28-2010 08:39 PM
    Just found a new one today, hopefully not a repeat within the 35 pages so far.

Multicon Widget- allows four widgets in the space of one. You also have the option to shortcuts within the multicon so that you can have four direct call numbers or messages. Check it out, its free!
    Great widget! One quick question: How do you set direct call numbers?
    09-28-2010 10:00 PM
602 ... 1819202122 ...