12-25-2010 07:43 PM
602 ... 2021222324 ...
    Auto Ring. I am loving this app alot. It is saving me lots of waking up in the middle of the day for BS calls and letting me only answer calls from people that will only call me in an emergency.
    10-06-2010 01:54 PM
    Top 5 Apps:

Peeples - I may be a little biased here
    Handcent SMS
    Launcher Pro

Top 5 Games:

Unblock Me
    aTitlt 3D Labyrinth

Honorable Mentions:

Advanced Task Killer
    Google Sky Map
    Slacker Radio
    Unified Remote
    Where's My Droid
    10-06-2010 07:35 PM
    It is called Georeader, It is brand new and I have no marketing budget so this is it! http://forum.androidcentral.com/imag...es/biggrin.gif
    10-06-2010 09:36 PM
    1. Handcent SMS
    2. Launcher Pro
    3. Dolphin Browser HD
    4. Tasker
    5. Pandora
    10-07-2010 01:57 PM
    My Top 5:
    Free411 (Yellow pages GPS; finding coffee shops via GPS anywhere: what a treat ) ~ this is similar to Beyond411 for the Blackberry.
    Shazam (my all-time favorite!)
    Swift Contacts
    DajaOffice (Outlook>>Android sync)

Others worth kudos:
    Beautiful Widgets
    Barcode Scanner
    Advanced Task Killer
    Car Finder AR
    Flight View
    Hapi Podcast (my fav podcast app)
    Ringo Lite (fantastic!)
    Swift Key (and you can talk instead of type!)
    Smooth Calendar (homescreen widget: love it!)
    Compass (enough looking for the north-star on cloudy days; GPS locations, directions, etc.)
    Can you help with Ringo? I've seen it here quite a bit. I have Ringo Lite installed. I figured out how to set the tones for individual users, but despite the fact that the notification is set to silent in the default messaging application, I'm still getting the default notification and then the notification I set through Ringo. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
    10-07-2010 02:53 PM
    My top 5 apps that I use the most often are:
    1. Dolphin HD browser
    2. Ustream for listening to live podcasys
    3 To do list
    4. Twitter for Android
    5. Vlingo voice and My Fitness Pal are tied so I couldn't pick one.
    10-07-2010 05:01 PM
    1. Launcher Pro
    2. AppBrain
    3. DoggCatcher
    4. Sense Analog Glass Clock
    5. reddit is fun

1. MC: sandstorm
    2. Fruit Ninja
    3. Angry Birds
    4. Overkill
    5. MusicGrid
    10-10-2010 10:37 AM
    1. Tasker-best app of all time for any platform.
    2. Launcher Pro Plus- love this launcher!
    3.Beautiful widgets- love to customize my looks with this one.
    4. Touiteur- favorite Twitter app.
    5. My6sense- amazing rss app. Makes reading rss feeds so much more enjoyable!

Sent from my Droid Incredible
    10-11-2010 01:15 AM
    1. Basketball Shots 3D
    2. Guns
    3. aShootApple
    4. Where Is My Droid
    5. French-English Training
    10-11-2010 08:24 AM
    1. I really like the Animated Weather for Android and its video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow . Their site is
    2. I also like the AAA discount app. It has access to discounts wherever one travels.
    3. I like the Ineteractive Rosary app. It helps me concentrate on the prayers.
    4. I always use Sprint Navigator and find it very useful.
    5. Of course, Browser is GREAT too!
    10-11-2010 06:11 PM
    1. Podtrapper for podcasts
    2. AllSportGPS GPS for running and cycling
    3. Jorte calendar
    4. Palmary Weather
    5. Bedside for night mode (can make the clock dimmer than Desktop Mode)
    Bob61 likes this.
    10-11-2010 09:27 PM
    Animated Weather looks WAAAY cool! I wonder how much battery kill it creates tho'...or does it only run when you want it to?
    10-12-2010 09:41 AM
    It will only play when you want. It's an app, not a widget. It has a widget, but it's no good. Still pretty rad. I wish the weather widgets everyone has (beatiful widget, weather forecast, etc...) would link up to this app. That'd be amazing.
    10-13-2010 01:56 AM
    paypal android app, skype android app, pandora anroid app, luncher pro beta android app and facebook android app are the best and top anroid application for me
    10-13-2010 12:17 PM
    paypal android app, skype android app, pandora anroid app, luncher pro beta android app and facebook android app are the best and top anroid application for me
    Are any of those android apps? jk
    10-14-2010 08:16 AM
    Red Card Rampage, but perhaps because I made it .
    10-14-2010 11:30 AM
    I'm newto Android, but so far the necessities are:

noLED (notifications)
    Screebl (keeps the screen from blanking out when I'm reading or whatever, LOVE IT)
    Google Voice Navigation
    Pure Calendar but still looking for something better...
    Slingbox (security cameras hooked up)

Coming from WM and love my Android!

10-16-2010 05:51 AM
    Silencr pro
    Google listen
    Launcher plus
    Double twist
    10-19-2010 05:08 PM

Double twist
    Never got DT to work: what's the secret?
    10-20-2010 07:53 AM
    Never got DT to work: what's the secret?
    Please start a new thread with this question.
    10-20-2010 08:28 AM
    Widget Locker
    Ultimate Faves pro
    Google Maps
    Homerun baseball
    tune in radio
    10-21-2010 03:02 PM
    For all these app, I have paid or donated if they had an option. Which brings me to a great thing about these apps that is not even about these apps: payment options. I have been able to give them money without having to use the Android Market payment options (I have no credit card, which is the only option Google gives me). And I can keep all of them up to date legally with methods outside of the Market. That's good support .

Subsonic Music Streamer
    This type of stuff is what I bought a smarthphone for!
    Streaming. Unlimited. Folder-based (as opposed to iTunes index style).
    Streams from my own computer, no subscriber stuff, cloud or DRM nonsense.
    More than a terabyte of music within reach on a mobile phone .

Reencodes music on-the-fly if needed, for example if I am on a slow connection and I want to listen to my FLACs, but can't handle it. I'll just listen to 128kbps MP3 versions. You can tell the program what quality to use when on WIFI, and what to use on mobile networks .

I wish there was something as good as this, but for video .

Launcher Pro Plus
    A pleasant improvement to the most important interfaces. More things can landscape than Android 2.1 can normally do, the 3D app drawer is really cool, and hiding apps from that list (for example stuff you don't really use, or always use from your home screens) can clean up nicely. The widgets (you have to pay) are very nice as well. Layout is not fully to my taste, because they do not always seem very space-efficient for my homescreens, but their functionality is great .

Alternative dialer. Another app that improves a much-used and much-seen part of your phone. It has a favorites screen with contact pics, a normal numbers pad that has much better search options that Android's default, decent call logs. My favorite feature: your system's (homescreen) wallpaper as a background behind the app's transparant interface. Looks real good! BUT, these guys should get a free (ad-supported, or limited features) version out there, because if more people would be able to try it without paying or pirating, it would be much more popular. (So they get more money and can spend that on improving it more :P.)

Of course! The Fast Web Installer is one of my favorite parts of it . Browse apps on my computer, and install it completely without even touching my phone or having to hook it up to USB or local WIFI.

ixMAT Barcode Scanner
    For some reason, this app is a huge amount faster than for example the popular 'Barcode Scanner' by ZXing Team. Usually you have to give it only a glimpse of the QR code and it already has it!

Bonus 6th:
    Dazzle Configurable Switcher
    I am currently using it only for a 1x1 brightness/ auto popup, which gives all the possible brightness options from a 1x1 space with good easy of use. Another advantage is being able to put as many buttons in a widget if you want. You can have 2 buttons in a 2x1 space, but also 3 or 4 buttons if you don't mind a smaller size. The only toggle/switcher app I found to be worth it's screen space.
    10-21-2010 03:30 PM
    I'm pretty new to Android, but had started checking out this site before I bought my Evo (had a Palm Pre before and loved it!). There are so many more apps available and my top five are (not necessarily in order):

Angry Birds by Rovio Mobile (quite addicting)
    Wordfeud FREE by hbwares (play every day with friends)
    Google Navigation (fantastic, though the voice is a bit 'robotic')
    Retro Camera by Urbian (Just for fun)
    Google to Chrome by Google (quite useful)
    10-21-2010 03:33 PM
    1. Vlingo
    2. TweetDeck
    3. Dropbox
    4. Barcode Scanner
    5. Sudoku 10,000 Free
    10-21-2010 03:37 PM
    1.ESPN Scorecenter/NFL Mobile
    2.Snesoid(Paid Version)
    3.Beautiful Widgets
    4. Skype
    5. Google Shopper