12-25-2010 07:43 PM
602 ... 22232425
tools
    Been shying away from rooting my DX until recently. Just too many programs loading up when I boot, so I rooted using z4Root. z4Root made it so easy, not flawless, but that's another story for another thread. Anyway, here's my new favorite 5:

1. Titanium Backup - Backup is exceptional, but freezing apps makes this worth rooting.

2. Droid X/2 Overclock - So much more than just overclocking, if you're rooted, got to take a look at the extras.

3. JustPictures - You got photos, then you need this app.

4. Smart Shortcuts - Sort of like nesting folders, but way better and cleaner.

5. Here's where it gets hard. There are many more apps that I use daily and to put one here without putting the others in perspective would be a disservice to all the apps I use not on this list. So I'm reserving number 5 for all of those apps I use. Cheating I know, but my list is only 5 items, so I'm still within the rules.

Ok, I sucked out on the last one, but come on, you know what I mean.
    11-14-2010 08:21 PM
    ^ Ia with Titanium Backup. Amazing. I love that I can backup just the apps I've updated since the last backup, etc.
    11-14-2010 11:58 PM
    No particular order:

1) Score Mobile
    2) K9 Mail
    3) Drop Box
    4) Audio Buddy
    5) Google Voice
    6) Jewels (Had to throw 1 game in!)
    11-15-2010 08:16 AM
    Doers anyone know of an app similar to PocketDay, which I loved on my BlackBerry????
    11-17-2010 06:16 PM
    im using

firefox
    AIM
    Public Radio live stream
    DoggCatcher
    RealCalc
    11-21-2010 04:54 PM
    My favorites:

1. Launcher Pro plus
    2. Beautiful Widgets
    3. Pulse
    4. Power Amp
    5. Dolphin browser HD
    11-23-2010 08:00 AM
    Does anyone know of a good business card scanner that will transfer the scanned info into my contact list?
    11-23-2010 01:54 PM
    My current "top fives" are:

Utility

1. WidgetLocker (GREAT, Allows you to place icons on lock screen)
    2. Ultra Keyboard (has trace function, very customizable)
    3. Quick Settings (best, highly customizable settings app I have used)
    4. Smart Shortcuts (great for consolidating apps in categories you make up)
    5. Multicon (so useful if you can see and press small icons)

Entertainment

1. Vignette (paid for it, can take almost any kind of photo you can think of)
    2. Public Radio live stream (EXCELLENT for "local" public radio from anywhere)
    3. DoggCatcher (paid for it, GREAT podcast platform)
    4. PowerAmp (perfect music app)
    5. Vintage Comic (amazing access to ancient comics)
    6. Movies (love the ease of access to movie times and trailer and reviews)

Other:

1. CamScanner (I paid for San2Pdf, but I think I like this better)
    2. AppBrain (duh)
    3. Call Confirm (Has saved me so many times from "oopsy" calls)
    4. ColorNote (I use this to pin daily "to do" lists to my homescreen)
    5. Call Block (keeps a call log so that you can go back and block future calls from a past number)
    bclinger#IM likes this.
    11-24-2010 08:32 AM
    TV.Com
    Pandora
    Guitar Solo Lite
    That's it til tomorrow

Happy Thanksgiving!!
    11-24-2010 11:51 PM
    On my MT3G 3.5 some of my favorite apps are...

1. Remote VNC Pro

just love accessing my pc when away from home. And messing with the kid's pc while he's using it. Whether I'm home or not...

2. Twidroid

obvious reasons....

3. AndFTP

Just to back up stuff on my comcast directory when needed.

4. Network Discovery
    To see what's around on local wifi networks, more or less just being nosy

5. QuickOffice/MP3 Tagger are tied for 5th place.
    11-28-2010 03:42 PM
    Power amp
    Weather bug elite/beautiful home
    Launcher pro/ADW
    Aa taskmanager
    motorola calendar widget
    11-28-2010 03:57 PM
    Launcher PRO
    Titanium Backup PRO
    Power Amp
    Beautiful Widgets
    Pocket Informant
    11-28-2010 07:39 PM
    I'm brand new to androids, being a Droid Pro user as of Nov 23. So I only have two right now.

1. Trillian
    2. Lookout
    11-28-2010 08:13 PM
    Hi Everybody,

I've been using my Android HTC for a few months now, these are my favourite apps:

Green Power - Amazing battery saver (seriously)
    HTC Desire – Green Power App Review | Computersight

Evernote - great note taking/sharing app
    Android App Review – Evernote | Computersight

Kindle - because we all love to have a good book handy . . . right?
    Android App Review – Amazon Kindle | Computersight

Mobisle Notes - I know, I know, so I like my notepads!
    Android App Review – Mobisle Notes | Computersight

World Newspapers
    Android App Review – World Newspapers | Computersight

All the best,

Alex
    12-02-2010 02:46 PM
    Why wouldn't you just put it in here instead of making people go to another site (which just so happens to be blocked by my work)?
    Oh man, sucks to be you. That was the best list I ever saw. Sucker!
    12-04-2010 09:06 AM
    Auto Ring. I am loving this app alot. It is saving me lots of waking up in the middle of the day for BS calls and letting me only answer calls from people that will only call me in an emergency.

You working night crew? Why are you sleeping all day?
    12-04-2010 09:16 AM
    Wow this list is mind boggling! I'm a new droid user and have only 4 apps to share though.

1. EasyMoney - I would say this is a 4-in-1 finance app that has been utterly useful! It allows me to set budgets for my spendings, set reminders for upcoming bills, view daily and monthly reports of my spendings and even let me save those data into my laptop. Adding each transaction is so easy with its widget at my home screen, and if there's a need to show proof of purchase I can just snap a photo of the receipt in the same transaction page.

2. Barcode Scanner - A really useful app for scanning all those QR codes I see on the web and magazines. Instant information in mere seconds is really convenient when I want to know more straightaway.

3. Handcent - I may seem like a little too amazed but forgive me, it is my first time using this type of OS platform phone. This app lets me customize all aspects of my messaging from font color to different LED light for different people! It kept me dabbling around for more than an hour and it was well spent

4. TipNSplit Tip Calculator - I consider this a real time-saver for calculations when I'm dining out with my friends and we have to split the bill at the end of a meal. The round up & round down function for value such as tip amount or each person pays makes it so much easier for everyone to pay their share fully.

Right now I'm looking for a good app in which I can read books. Thanks a million to anyone who could give me some suggestions
    12-09-2010 10:21 PM
    ok lets see my top 5 are:

1. Touchdown ( life saving app for me since android exchange sucks)

2.NoLED- If your LED isnt working like the galaxy phones this gives notifications on the screen when you get any type of notification

3.Techbuzz- Gives you RSS feed through a widget , from gadgets to all android news

4.Multicon- allows you to put mulitple icons where before you could only place one.

5.beautiful widgets.... really good looking clock and weather widget
    12-09-2010 10:31 PM
    YouVersion: Best work tool, ever.

HanDBase: Database on the go. It is my miracle app. You can pretty much make apps on this bad boy.

Pocket Informant: In a word? Lovethebetawithallmyheart.

SplashID: Data vault.

K9 email.

Honorable mention: Google Voice.
    12-11-2010 11:47 PM

Right now I'm looking for a good app in which I can read books. Thanks a million to anyone who could give me some suggestions

Tried Kindle?
    Nianna likes this.
    12-11-2010 11:48 PM
    Hi, Everyone:

Just got a new Samsung Captivate... had for a month now... LOVE IT! Took and android to get me to lose my SonyEricsson W810i... I now have over 120 apps... and use just about 75% of them at varying intervals.... first one I downloaded was a Security/Virus scanner. Works great.

And... I cannot wait for the newest O.S., Froyo 2.2; I am really wanting to be able to view some favorite TV specials on my droid! And ATT does not allow any flash but theirs right now.

DebLyn
    12-14-2010 09:16 PM
    Tried Kindle?
    Tried ebooks or google books? google books is new... haven't tried it myself yet. Good Luck!
    Nianna likes this.
    12-14-2010 09:54 PM
    I recently found a small gem called netMemo. It's a very slick voice note recorder that I now use almost every day. It delivers my recordings automatically to my mailbox!
    daTerminehtor likes this.
    12-16-2010 07:47 AM
    Documents to go.
    Pandora.
    Twitter.
    Astro.
    Face book.
    12-16-2010 07:59 AM
    I've dwelled on this for a while and didn't want to put a top 5 until I've used Android for a decent amount of time. Now I'm rooted and Android is amazing. Here goes my top 5:

1) ROM Manager (the backups make switching ROMs so much easier)
    2) Touiteur (I would like FB and buzz integration, but it's by far the best for me with Twitter)
    3) Launcher Pro (I love Sense, but the customization on LP is amazing!)
    4) Folder Organizer Lite (I like organization and this organizes my apps into folders easily)
    5)Astrid Tasks (again, organizes my life easily)

Honorable Mentions:
    Vignette (best camera app)
    Handcent (never going back to the regular message app)
    Caffeine (keeps my phone on while plugged in, helps at work)
    FML (it keeps me entertained via the widget)

I had to put those honorable mentions because these are the ones I use more than daily.
    daTerminehtor likes this.
    12-16-2010 09:56 AM
602 ... 22232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD