Your Top 5 Android Applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Good low key apps I have:

Messiging widgets-kinda like whats on the droid x... Gives you a option to quick reply and shows texts as widgets and shows the persons pic.

Where's my droid- Allows you to find your phone even on silent.

Lockbot pro- Allows you to change lock screens...

Awsome Drop- Allows to to drag and drop without usb connection via browser

Krzr93

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Awesome Drop is awesome! I hope they figure out a way to make it go both ways.

I downloaded this app at one point but uninstalled because I didn't even understand what it exactly does and how to use it. Anyone like to explain?

Here's what I got from my understanding: You see a picture or media file or something else on your phone browser. You then just click and drag and drop it off in some box? I use the stock browser and didn't see a box or anything and I didn't see how you can drag stuff either.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded this app at one point but uninstalled because I didn't even understand what it exactly does and how to use it. Anyone like to explain?

Here's what I got from my understanding: You see a picture or media file or something else on your phone browser. You then just click and drag and drop it off in some box? I use the stock browser and didn't see a box or anything and I didn't see how you can drag stuff either.

No, I believe it's for the PC. You open a browser/site, which gives you a pin to put into the app on your phone. Then you just drag/drop files (on the PC) into the web browser, and it copies them (wirelessly) to your phone:

YouTube - Awesome Drop Intro

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
No, I believe it's for the PC. You open a browser/site, which gives you a pin to put into the app on your phone. Then you just drag/drop files (on the PC) into the web browser, and it copies them (wirelessly) to your phone:

YouTube - Awesome Drop Intro

Exactly this is great for me because my job blocks any usb storage devices for security issues... This way I can xfer my files via internet when I find wallpaper ect when im bored at work.. Its a loophole lol Im not taking anything bad so its perfect..

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting forgetful in my old age, so I find a little app called COL Reminder very handy. Sure, you can put events in your calendar, but that can be a tad clunky, but COL Reminder is cool because you can set it to remind you to dial a number from your contacts or make a text note to read at a certain time, or even alert you when your parking meter is about to expire.

Anyway, it's free and the developer continues to improve it, plus I think it genuinely counts as one of the more truly unknown apps, which this thread is all about!

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Great thread!

ClearCheckbook: Awesome bank account manager that syncs to a website companion. No personal info is needed (name, account numbers, etc...)

Our Groceries: shopping list that you can share with other people. The lists automatically update on all phones. Great when wife and I are out and about seperatley and we need to know who picked up what. Available for Blackberry too....not sure about other OS's

Craigslist: Craigslist Notification lets you set search parameters then will notify you when new posts are available. Allows for multiple cities, replies to posts and much more. Free and Pro version.

NewsRob: Access to Google Reader is an awesome layout. Widget available with Pro version

Those are my "must haves" right now.

wkj

xarophti

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Best apps no one knows about:

NoteEverything (especially paid Pro version): yes, I know everyone makes a fuss about Evernote, but I like this better. Textnotes, Paintnotes, Photonotes, Checklists, Reusable Checklists, storage to SD card, excellent develper support.

iRT Calendar replacement app: Makes Google calendar do so much more in a nice UI

OI Safe: My favorite password storage app

Status
Not open for further replies.