AC Asks: What's your favorite podcatcher?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
There's somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 applications in the Android Market. And every day we get e-mail after e-mail asking "What's the best app for this?" and "What's the best app for that?" Truth be told, there's nobody better to answer those questions than all you guys and gals out there.

And so this week, we put it to you: What's the best podcatcher application out there?

Leave your suggestion here, and we'll pick one post at random to win a case of your choice from the AndroidCentral store. Contest ends at 12:01 a.m. Friday, March 5. Good luck!

shotgunbelly

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Dogg catcher seems to be the one for me. I didn't mind paying for it because it seems to work well. The GUI takes some getting used to. Much better than Listen. I did like Mediafly but it stopped updating the feeds and downloaded content was disappearing, even after reinstalls of the app. Dogg catcher is a little buggy at times though. Maybe the developer will work on it further.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Listen is great now that it works with Google Reader and actually... y'know, grabs your podcasts the day they come out.
Still needs video support, though.

explosivo2k2

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I like ACast. It's not the prettiest, but I like the fact that you can actually download the podcasts instead of just streaming. Supports video podcasts as well.

Last edited:

mick4394

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
DoggCatcher, by far. It allows for a lot more control over your library than Listen, which basically allows for none. The app is constantly improving, and the developer is is very hands on guy, who actually listens and fixes problems as they arrive.

I paid 6.99 for Doggcatcher, and would say that it's worth much more than that. If you have a lot of feeds (I have roughly 40) paying for a good podcatcher (instead of putting up with the limitations of a free one) is well worth your hard earned money. Download this app now. You won't regret it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I use the steel browser to DL my podcast. How about what is the best android podcast? I hope they sound as good as crackberry or smodcast.

Last edited:

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've tried numerous and have even paid for a couple I don't use anymore, but I'd have to say DoggCatcher is my favorite. It's the best all around. I still tend to lean heavily on FeedR for my RSS Reader, but for Audio and Video podcasts, with the ability to organize and prioritize, you'll be hard pressed to find a better one than DoggCatcher.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
DoggCatcher, by far. It allows for a lot more control over your library than Listen, which basically allows for none. The app is constantly improving, and the developer is is very hands on guy, who actually listens and fixes problems as they arrive.

I paid 6.99 for Doggcatcher, and would say that it's worth much more than that. If you have a lot of feeds (I have roughly 40) paying for a good podcatcher (instead of putting up with the limitations of a free one) is well worth your hard earned money. Download this app now. You won't regret it.

I'm curious... what library controls are available? I used Podtrapper (which was $10 when I bought it, so I don't mind paying for an app if it offers what it need) on BB and now I've only ever used Listen on my new Droid, but it seems to have all of the controls I could need for downloading and listening to podcasts. What are us Listen users missing out on?

-SR-