AC Asks: What's your favorite music player

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
It's that time of week again: We want to know what your favorite music player is for Android. Is it the stock app? Do you prefer the streaming power of Rhapsody, Slacker or Pandora? Let's hear it, people.

For your troubles, we've got 10 Invisible Shields to give away, thanks to the folks at Invisibleskinz.com. Now get to it! We're accepting entries through Wednesday, March 17.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I started using btunes a few weeks ago. Updated a lot in beta and now the full one is up. I found my stock player to be very slow.... It was never like this when I first got my droid but now when i select things it takes a few to go. I might just pay for the full btunes at this point as it was great in beta.

jsilvers525

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
i love the HTC sense music player but use the stock android player on my nexus one. love the site keep up the good work. In dire need of screen protector though. also like pandora. Nexus one is the best phone ever i think but the music player could use a little work. just making it look nicer otherwise it works fine.

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've always used the stock player on my Droid. It meets my needs but I'm sure there are other players that offer extra options.

myandroid713

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Depending on how I have my phone customized I use Mixzing Music Player, or Pure Music Widget.

Pure Music Widget has to be my favoriite though. I really like having a 4x4 widget with the album art.

I also use Pandora. Haven't tried Slacker yet though.

Last edited:

ecobranon

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Mixzing

I have been successful with Mixzing. I thought RockOn had potential but the cover flow icons were too big and for some reason it killed battery life.

iVantheiPhone

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I love Pandora for streaming audio.

I don't think the stock Droid music player is that bad.....not good, but not bad. As long as I can choose the song I want and repeat playlists....I have few other uses.

thai6688

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I give five stars to Pandora for streaming good quality, good UI interface, excellent overall performance, great on battery (HTC droid eris), and it also comes pre installed with a widget to add to my home screen. I really want to thank Pandora for their hard work & efforts that go into their software and development. I have used many other programs such as Slacker but I just can't get the same user experience as I do with Pandora....with that said customization is everything! When i say customization I am talking about the way that Pandora actually caters to you by allowing users to give songs a thumbs up (for good) or thumbs down (for bad). Another great feature has to be the Pandora in the taskbar on top of the android status. It says the song, title, artist, and program being used. Android truly is the future and Pandora makes it all the better....Use it every where!

A Dark Vision

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the forums, but have had my Droid since the first day it came out in the US. I like the stock player, but I am always looking for something better. I tried Btunes, but it didn't import my playlists, or give a section for my podcasts. I guess I am looking for a smoother stock player.

I am very interested in the views here, and hope I can find a new player by the end of this question.

pongalong

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Pandora: Simple interface. Easy to use even when driving.

Slacker and Last.fm are close and have good selection but I prefer the light interface of Pandora.

ashlanfosho

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
id have to say mixzing. :D
i love the recommendations for playlists from your own music, and for new music.
plus the fact it has different sized widgets is great.
? by Filipe is also a great alternative to the stock app if your looking for something different and cool. :)

pjjanak

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the stock music player, but Pandora isn't too bad...as long as it and my internet connection are playing along :)

Peter

Akamu

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
If I'm playing songs off my SD card I use the HTC player. I use Last.fm if I want to hear something I don't have stored. Using either is pretty rare though.. I take my iPod everywhere I go. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2