AC Asks: What's your favorite music player

BloodiedWraith

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to put any music from my collection onto the phone, so I'm pretty much using Pandora exclusively for right now. I'll probably stick with the stock music app once I move some of my music over to the phone just because I don't need it to be fancy.

jeffsandroid

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Well "Connected"

Long time visitor to AC but I just had to register for this thread in particular. Had a G1 from the beginning of Android till a week ago. Upgraded to the Cliq and surprise surprise, same old boring music player. Motoblur even took out the green accents to the menu to make it that much more unappealing. I was pretty bummed.. until I saw the youtube video for Moto's new "Connected Media Player" out now on Tmob's CliqXT. The video shows what I assume is a beta version running on a Cliq at the MWC. By far my favorite mobile music player of all time!! and I've never even used it! I highly recommend everybody check out the video and let the drool fest begin. Finally, a music player worthy of putting on EVERY android phone. This truly sets the bar for Google and others to improve upon. It automatically downloads album art and syncs your songs to tunewiki for lyrics. You can even sync lyrics yourself if you don't follow the crowd and only listen to whats hot at the moment. There are also streaming functions for last.fm and other streaming services, and a mapping function to see what others in your area are listening to. I cannot wait for this app to come to devices like the Droid, Devour, and my own trusty Cliq. No longer will the masses of my fellow android users be forced to suffer with the underwhelming "at best" music player. At the risk of sounding like a Motorola salesman, do yourself a favor and check out this awesome, all in one media player. Hopefully it or something similar comes to the market soon. That way we can all stay "well connected" and Phil, my new Cliq feels pretty naked without an invisibleskinz screen protector.. just saying;)

Crunchbot

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Going from an iPod touch to the Eris, I found that Mixzing was the closest to it, and I loved that I could choose the folder where it found the music. I love that the stock player comes up on the lock screen, but I hate that it shuffles in ringtones that I added. I also think the minimal Mixzing widget is the best i've seen. I use meridian for a video player but as a music player it's hideous and it always skips when changing songs for me. I don't use any of the "suggestion" parts of mixzing at all. It's also free!

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I use the the stock player on my Hero, it suits my needs just fine. I use a bluetooth headset and a pair of my favorite earphones and it sounds great! I don't really use any streaming players, I don't have a large enough data plan and I listen to music mostly while I'm commuting not when I'm around WiFi networks.

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I use the stock media player. Its user friendly and it gets the job done. And for radio, I use Slacker. one of the first apps I used on my phone and I'm used to it..

mdionis

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I use the default music player for my mp3, audio books, etc. For streaming I use DroidLive can't beat the incredible selection of shoutcast streams. I do however have Pandora and Slacker installed as backup apps in the event I am looking for something different to listen to plus these apps don't seem to drop out as much.

Mike

anon(12291)

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
BTunes won me over with its album art downloading. That being said, I can't wait for the Xperia's music player to make its way over to other devices...

sheltbw

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
MixZing is the best player I've found

I use MixZing (Lite) almost exclusively. It has a few widgets and some great ways to make playlists by finding/suggesting music similar to the current song.

It would great if MixZing came with a Lock screen option to control it as well.

timnickless

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Stock music player for me on my hero. Have the 8gb card loaded with plenty of music genres. iheartradio is my streamer of choice when I want talk radio. Love the FOX sports channel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar