when im not using any apps and when i look how much the system takes i get amazed.
    Phone system uses 630/880mt ram....that is way too much. I have tryed task killers and all this stuff but all of em have been useless....ram boosters are atually like a poor joke....they boos your ram 2 sec with 20 mt and thats it....after 2 sec it goes back to normal. i wish i chould kill some tasks from background so i can do even something with my phone....i heard that more expensive phones have more ram but their system uses more ram too...so buying better phone wont fix this problem...i beleave others have had this same problem but they havent got any good answers...

I suggest that android makes their system lighter so phones can run something else than only its system.

If you know how to fix this problem...please help
    06-24-2015 09:30 AM
    Android handles RAM differently than Windows. It's normal, desirable behavior for RAM to run 75-80% full, maybe even a little higher.

There's no need to close apps, clear memory or handle system processes manually. Android does all that automatically and much more efficiently.

Don't be tempted to use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. They are counterproductive, waste power, disrupt system processes and degrade performance. Uninstall any such stuff immediately.

In short, don't try to micromanage your phone. Don't install software that attempts to either. Let Android handle things as intended. It will automatically optimize operation if you let it.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    Android handles RAM differently than Windows. It's normal, desirable behavior for RAM to run 75-80% full, maybe even a little higher.

There's no need to close apps, clear memory or handle system processes manually. Android does all that automatically and much more efficiently.

Don't be tempted to use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. They are counterproductive, waste power, disrupt system processes and degrade performance. Uninstall any such stuff immediately.

In short, don't try to micromanage your phone. Don't install software that attempts to either. Let Android handle things as intended. It will automatically optimize operation if you let it.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    06-24-2015 09:43 AM
    Well its not good if it uses that much....developers should put that much capacity to ram that even if system is running it doesnt take all RAM.....there should be atleast 300 ram for user.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-25-2015 06:21 AM
    You just don't understand how Android and Linux works. For more information on how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for you read this post by one of the authors of Android:

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...d-way.html?m=1

Just let Android do it's job as intended, relax and enjoy your phone.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-25-2015 08:10 AM
    I use CCleaner to manually clear the RAM & stop processes about once a day. I normally make sure any available updates are installed first, then I restart the phone, & after the system has had time to full load everything I run CCleaner. I then manually shut down everything & clear the RAM with CCleaner. This normally reduces my RAM usage by about 25%, & it usually lasts between 24 & 48 hours before it gradually builds up again. I have no idea why Crashdamage is telling you not to do this because it does make both phones & tablets using Android run smoother.
    07-16-2015 09:40 PM
    The phone should run perfectly fine almost indefinitely without needing any attention. If it won't you have a problem. It shouldn't be necessary to run CCleaner. That is just slapping a temporary Band-Aid on the problem, not solving it. What you should be doing is finding what is causing the phone to slow down and correct it. You're treating the symptoms, not curing the illness.

To understand why, read the link in my previous post. Excellent info there. Here's another link to a long thread that's a treasure trove of information:

http://androidforums.com/threads/put...e-like.896663/
    07-17-2015 06:49 AM
    I have no idea why Crashdamage is telling you not to do this
    Because Windows RAM is set up differently. It likes being empty so that if it needs more RAM it can fire it up and execute programs. Herein lies the difference: Desktop OS runs under the assumption that you are constantly connected to a power source. Since Android phones are mainly used cordless, the idea based on suspending the apps and having full RAM means that reviving the app out of hibernation spends less power than launching the program from scratch.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...m-android.html
    07-17-2015 09:43 AM