Why isn't my SD Card showing up in storage?

Qwert159

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
SD Card Not Showing Up in Storage

My phone (LG Optimus F3) came with very little memory on it (1.24 GB). So, in order to download songs, take pictures, etc., I bought a 16 GB SD card. So as I put it in the micro SD slot, it didn't show up as mounting. Nor did it show up at all, even when I had it pulled up on my computer. I had also bought my son one (he has the same type of phone) and his worked fine. My daughter has one and her's also works fine. I'm thinking it is just my phone, but I was wondering if there was something I could do so I wouldn't have to get a new phone. While looking at other people's similar problems, sometimes it had been fixed by deleting big apps that took up the memory. So, I deleted some apps, all my music, and most pictures. Then, restarted my phone and re-inserted the SD card, but nothing came up. I have never tried to put an SD card in my phone before, but since my son and daughter have, I assume it is just something wrong with my phone. However, I was just wondering if there was something that could fix the problem instead of getting an entirely new phone. Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: SD Card Not Showing Up in Storage

My phone (LG Optimus F3) came with very little memory on it (1.24 GB). So, in order to download songs, take pictures, etc., I bought a 16 GB SD card. So as I put it in the micro SD slot, it didn't show up as mounting. Nor did it show up at all, even when I had it pulled up on my computer. I had also bought my son one (he has the same type of phone) and his worked fine. My daughter has one and her's also works fine. I'm thinking it is just my phone, but I was wondering if there was something I could do so I wouldn't have to get a new phone. While looking at other people's similar problems, sometimes it had been fixed by deleting big apps that took up the memory. So, I deleted some apps, all my music, and most pictures. Then, restarted my phone and re-inserted the SD card, but nothing came up. I have never tried to put an SD card in my phone before, but since my son and daughter have, I assume it is just something wrong with my phone. However, I was just wondering if there was something that could fix the problem instead of getting an entirely new phone. Thanks!
Try formatting it as FAT32. You can do this on the phone (it should be recognized even though it's not allowing you to mount) or via a computer. If that doesn't work try exchanging the SD card in hopes that it's a defective card, not your device.

Qwert159

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: SD Card Not Showing Up in Storage

Thank you for your suggestion, but my phone doesn't recognize it at all. I did get a different card, but the same thing is happening. How can I change it using a computer? Thanks again!