My storage memory is low, which app can I delete to free up space?

A

AC Question

storage memory low

I have low storage. I've noticed that i have multiple apps that i believe do relatively the same thing like, Knox, CM Security, Clean Master and now SD Maid.. My question is do i need all of these and witch one is the best?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: storage memory low

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? You can't delete Knox, since it's a preinstalled Samsung app. Clean Master and CM Security should be removed, if you're able to (i.e., if they weren't also preinstalled). Clean Master is not necessary for Android, and may contribute to battery drain and/or reduced performance, if it's constantly trying to close apps to "boost RAM" (which is counter to how Android works). I am generally wary of anything from Cheetah Mobile (who makes Clean Master and CM Security), since their apps have been known to carry adware as well. I think SD Maid is ok, but I haven't used it recently.

See this guide for other tips on maximizing your internal storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

atominvention

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: storage memory low

you should not need clean master, your device can manage the ram usage pretty good, and I think clean master app is requiring too many permissions, I won't use it anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey