Anyone using the Merge Cube?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

I have one and it's quite fun! I use mine with just a phone, BUT I heard it's much more fun with the Merge VR headset. Is anyone else using the cube, OR have both?

Firegold21

VR Expert
Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have one. I use it in phone mode mostly, but I have occasionally used it with my VR headset. It doesn't require the Merge AR headset per se.

Rob Phillips

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I’ve gone as far as looking at the Cube online but haven’t purchased one yet. I’m still figuring out how to use my Merge Goggles in AR mode. The AR apps I have for iOS don’t really work with it due to the way users need to interact with the phone display.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to get one, are they pretty easy to figure out??

Yea fairly easy. MUCH more fun when combined with a Merge VR headset, BUT works fine with your phone. (Android AND Apple supported) I'm not sure if this is STILL the case, but it used to be hard to find in stores. @Firegold21 knew they had a few at a store near him and he picked up one for me! I couldn't find it anywhere here. That was a while ago.

Firegold21

VR Expert
Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea fairly easy. MUCH more fun when combined with a Merge VR headset, BUT works fine with your phone. (Android AND Apple supported) I'm not sure if this is STILL the case, but it used to be hard to find in stores. @Firegold21 knew they had a few at a store near him and he picked up one for me! I couldn't find it anywhere here. That was a while ago.
I've seen them in Target recently, I believe. And yes, they are EXTREMELY easy to figure out. All you gotta do is download the app and follow the onscreen instructions.

Belle_Celeste

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Huh, this is honestly the first time I've heard of it, and it's surprising that it's so cheap at Walmart (guess I assumed any VR/AR accessories would be pricey).

I'll have to see about picking up a pair next time I'm out shopping, seems like it would be more fun to learn anatomy with it rather than staring at a textbook all the time. For anyone that's tried AnatomyAR (or a similar app), does it actually go into great detail about anatomical parts? Screenshots of it seem as if it's basic labeling marketed towards kids, whereas I'm looking for more detailed college-level stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad