[HOWTO] Root The LG Esteem

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
This is a guide on how to root your MetroPCS LG Esteem.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Credit goes to AndroidNerds.net

REQUIREMENTS:
LG USB Drivers
Android SDK
LG Esteem

Step 1: Go to Settings - Applications - Development and make sure that "USB Debugging" is checked
Step 2: Connect phone to your PC
Step 3: Download this zip: LG_Esteem_Root.zip
Step 4: Unpack
Step 5: Double Click run.bat
Step 6: And watch the magic happen!

Reactions: mustafu

rallias

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not with this method. There is a method for Mac coming soon from what I hear.

If you plug it into the mac, what you do is use the mac version of the sdk, and do the commands in the bat file in order (the adb one's) with terminal, just extracting the LG Esteem zip. It worked for me without a hitch on linux.

EDIT: Make sure you extract in the same dir as ADB is installed.

Oscaarr_

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
my root black screen says not recognized on almost the whole list and my phone has nothing different about it when i use it why?

athalahelm

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
ADB must be a common sense thing- everyone mentions it, but there is not a single freaking site that offers a download for it... not for LG Esteem. Links for everything else... but nothing for ADB... yet they all require it. Getting very frustrated!

jtw1216

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Having problems with rooting? Go on Android Forums, then on LG Esteem, then to "everything root" & you will have all the info you need. They have roots for ZVB, ZVC,& ZVD

calypso1

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I followed all the instructions... all I get is a dos window that says adb server out of date... killing. my drivers are all up to date. I don't know how to get past this point... definitely don't wanna brick my phone. can anyone help please?

bituser

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Metro PCS just pushed a new up date on my phone yesterday and of course unrooted my phone. Now we have ZVE and the one click root won't work.

Android_user714

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what to do with the USB connection, do i leave it on internet connection or put it on mass storage? I've tried leaving of on internet but nothing comes up on the computer screen about the phone but when i put mass storage the files show up but debug comes off. I'm so confused, help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power