Metro Hotspot

antomic

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have four lines and I am currently on Metro's unlimited plan which costs me $100.00 each month for 4 lines. I am thinking of switching to the new unlimited plan which has 15 GB hotspot for each line. It will cost me $150.00 a month for four lines. The current plan does not have hotspot.
My concern is that I have 2 phones which cannot use 4G LTE but only HSPA and that is fine with me. However, if I switch, will these two devices which cannot use LTE have Hotspot? Will I be able to connect other devices through these two phones' hotspot? One of the phones which cannot use LTE is a Asus Zenfone 3 ultra.
If I cannot use these two devices as a hotspot, then I may not switch to the new plan as I will not be able to get back to the current unlimited plan of $100.00 for 4 lines (without hotspot).
Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As long as TMobile keeps supplying HSPA data, those phones will be able to use a hotspot using HSPA data. But even if you connect a 4GLTE-capable phone to that hotspot, it's still going to get an HSPA connection to the internet.

antomic

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. HSPA is okay for me as long as those devices are capable of being used as hotspots. If 4G LTE is needed, my other two devices can provide it. I did try to get the answer by checking with Metro but a visit to a corporate store did not provide a satisfactory or definitive answer. Neither did a phone call to customer support. Hence, my query here. Thanks again.