Windows Phone convert

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I'm a former Windows Phone user, and I've been using Android for 2½ years now. I've been happy with my decision to switch.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
There are quite a few of us former and current Windows phone users in here now. Welcome to the club Mark

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Nice to see you here. What Android phone are you using now? I'm currently using an LG V20.

I have the Verizon S8+. I did a short stint with HTC One M9, then iPhone 6s Plus for a bit before coming back into the Android fold. I still miss my Icon though. I think Microsoft could have done better with the Lumia line.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Just got my first Android phone. I went with the Galaxy S8 Plus. Looking forward to becoming involved here as well.

Hi! There are a lot of Windows Phone refugees here... I'm one as well. Hope you really enjoy using your new phone because that's what it's all about. Actually, I still occasionally break out my $30 lumia 640 for old times' sake.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Welcome, I'm another former WP user too. Changed from a lumia to an S8. Really like the phone so happy enough with the change. Miss live tiles through. Widgets are ok as a replacement.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Similar situation as @Laura Knotek personally. I've left Windows Phone about 2 years ago after Windows 10 Mobile hit the Lumia 640 and things started going downhill. I've become an real Android Enthusiast since having owned several phones in the last 2 years, selling them to get another one to play with it. I just got the S8 this week and am looking forward to playing with it (I'm waiting for a case).

Welcome here! You'll see we're just as nice and friendly! ;-)

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Thank you all. I hope and am planning to be as active here as I am/was on Windows Central. I went all in with an S8 Plus, Dex Dock & Gearfit2 pro Watch. I will miss the supersharp pictures the Lumia 950 XL took. Looking forward to comparing that with the S8+. I will also miss the Live Tiles but from what I'm reading, I can install all the other Microsoft Apps I like including Cortana. Looking forward to this journey.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

I have and use several Windows phones. In fact, judging by the responses in this thread, pretty much all of us seem to use Windows phones, though some of us, I believe, occasionally dabble with Androids. A few of us probably enjoy them.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Thank you all. I hope and am planning to be as active here as I am/was on Windows Central. I went all in with an S8 Plus, Dex Dock & Gearfit2 pro Watch. I will miss the supersharp pictures the Lumia 950 XL took. Looking forward to comparing that with the S8+. I will also miss the Live Tiles but from what I'm reading, I can install all the other Microsoft Apps I like including Cortana. Looking forward to this journey.

I miss Live Tiles too; and the Microsoft Apps are excellent. I haven't even switched over to Google. I use the Outlook App, OneNote, etc. The only thing I use that is Google is my company's email, since it uses GMail for it's corporate email server. Oh and my personal Google account for Google Play and Google Play Music and Movies.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
As someone who was addicted to Hey Cortana, I'm afraid you might be disappointed with Cortana on Android. I've converted to Google Assistant. Miss live tiles as well but same thing for me... The Android apps that simulate live tiles just haven't worked well for me. Using Nova Prime. Still use Outlook, OneDrive and OneNote.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke