Windows Phone convert

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Hey all just switched to Android from my L950. Still. Missing it. Little surprised at how much faster it was to. Do. Things on Wm10. Small example, swiping from top when receiving a notification for text and being able to reply right from that screen is pretty impressive!

Anyways that was yesterday trying g to be open minded with my switch.

Ms Launcher is great. But for the life of I cannot figure out how to pin a contact to the home screen. Any guidance would be appreciated.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey all just switched to Android from my L950. Still. Missing it. Little surprised at how much faster it was to. Do. Things on Wm10. Small example, swiping from top when receiving a notification for text and being able to reply right from that screen is pretty impressive!

Ms Launcher is great. But for the life of I cannot figure out how to pin a contact to the home screen. Any guidance would be appreciated.

long press home screen...tap on add widgets....scroll to phone widget. From here you can pin whole contact, direct dial or direct message.tempFileForShare_20171010-232634.jpgScreenshot_20171010-232821.jpg

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

re:replying to text message...open messages...tap 3 dots right upper corner...tap settings...tap notifications...toggle on for pop-up display and preview message.
When you get a message pop-up at top of screen, you can either reply right there, mark as read or closeScreenshot_20171010-234606.jpg

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Slowing getting used to Android. Really a shame that MD botched WM, it really is more productive. Really appreciate all these comments/threads.

Is there anythi good like Driving Mode for Android?

S8 is very quick and fluid. Device design is very good.

SwiftKey is excellent.

I like theock screen functions on Android.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Slowing getting used to Android. Really a shame that MD botched WM, it really is more productive. Really appreciate all these comments/threads.

Is there anythi good like Driving Mode for Android?

S8 is very quick and fluid. Device design is very good.

SwiftKey is excellent.

I like theock screen functions on Android.
Samsung has a Drive Mode app for download from the Galaxy App Store. AutoMate and DriveMode from the Play Store are great apps.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
If you want to switch things up at some point (one of the benefits of Android) try Nova launcher too. Tons of customizations. Worth paying for Prime. You can have several launchers installed and can change default whenever you please.

dfaris

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
I like the tips you folks are providing in this thread, good stuff. So what SMS apps do you think are the best or just use the default app? Is there a good calendar app that I can use with MS calendar that displays appointments across multiple days instead of a day at a time? Its hard to see in the play store.

cnashx

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Another convert here with the Essential PH-1 on order.
I have used android in the past but it's been a LONG time. (Last was the HTC Hero, which I still have in a box somewhere).

I have been using an iPhone for the past 6 months or so (6 plus), and was considering a switch back to my 950XL (since I returned my Elite X3), but the Essential PH-1 was just too nice to pass up and with the future of WM bleek I needed to do something.

I really want the tile experience I loved on WM but I am not sure about the reliability, stability and usability of Launcher10 and Squarehome 2. So I am researching all my launcher possibilities.

I will integrate all Microsoft services like I did on the iPhone, except that I will be able to integrate Cortana which I cannot do on iOS.

Essentially, I plan to make the Essential the Windows Mobile device Microsoft should have produced if I can.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I like the tips you folks are providing in this thread, good stuff. So what SMS apps do you think are the best or just use the default app? Is there a good calendar app that I can use with MS calendar that displays appointments across multiple days instead of a day at a time? Its hard to see in the play store.
I use Textra for SMS and MMS.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
I've been pinning my contacts to the side bar in MSFT Launcher which I use exclusively.
Still struggling with texts over Bluetooth. I was really spoiled by Cortana. I hope MSFT adds this functionality to the Android version.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Aye very rare, I looked for a help group when leaving WP... There was none :D

Still miss WP but getting used to Android. Just can't fathom why WP users are choosing to go to ios, it's so out of the WP culture and strengths.

I had an iPhone for awhile. Mostly because my first experience back in the Android world was an HTC One M9. When I switched to an iPhone 6s Plus, I realized it wasn't Android that was the problem it was how HTC implemented Android. When the S8+ was announced, I realized that I should have gone back to Samsung instead of trying out HTC.

dfaris

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
When you guys setup your new android phone was there a way to bring your text conversations over to the new phone or did it just start new conversations?

Edit: Has anyone tried SquareHome 2 - Launcher: Windows style What did you think?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
When you guys setup your new android phone was there a way to bring your text conversations over to the new phone or did it just start new conversations?

Edit: Has anyone tried SquareHome 2 - Launcher: Windows style What did you think?
I didn't bother trying to transfer SMS.

I've never used any launchers other than Nova Launcher Prime.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site

I didn't but I understand Samsung has an app for that. Yep, I said it! :)
I'm only using the Microsoft Launcher and I love it.
That said, if I can't get the phone to efficiently read my texts while driving, I may have to go back to WP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12