Windows Phone convert

dfaris

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Mark that is not good. I don't like my texts being read over BT but there must be a way to do it. Is your cars BT old? I had a problem with a old radio that was not working well with newer phones.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Mark that is not good. I don't like my texts being read over BT but there must be a way to do it. Is your cars BT old? I had a problem with a old radio that was not working well with newer phones.

No, my car is not old and I had no issues on WP. The functionality is not built into the OS at all. The 3rd party apps just don't compare. I'm hopeful that either Cortana or Bixby gets the ability. Given its open source, I'm not sure why MSDT doesn't bake this into Cortana.

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
What about backup? WM10 backup was pretty amazing could reset the device or move to another and pretty setup the way you wanted it to run in about 20 min I felt.

Anything like that with Android? I found out my carrier will or support WiFi calling if I use an joked device bought from MS so need exchange.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
What about backup? WM10 backup was pretty amazing could reset the device or move to another and pretty setup the way you wanted it to run in about 20 min I felt.

Anything like that with Android? I found out my carrier will or support WiFi calling if I use an joked device bought from MS so need exchange.
Back up is done by Google and also samsung... You have both when restoring.

Also Ms launcher has back up too, need to use that in its settings if you are using that.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Found a great app for driving. Responded. Does pretty much what drive mode did in Wm10. Auto starts when it connects to the device of your choice

Responded will only send canned responses. I need something as efficient as Cortana is on W10M that will read me the texts and allow me to respond by voice. That was a seamless integration that I really used a lot. I'm currently trying Drivemode.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Backup and restore is not like WM10. It bites in comparison. Unless I am doing something wrong.

You must be one of the few that got backup and restore to actually work on Windows 10. It worked flawlessly on WP 8 devices for me or W10 devices that had been upgraded from WP 8 but anytime I had to do a hard reset on my L950 or L950xl it was a painful day or two trying to get everything back the way it was.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
You must be one of the few that got backup and restore to actually work on Windows 10. It worked flawlessly on WP 8 devices for me or W10 devices that had been upgraded from WP 8 but anytime I had to do a hard reset on my L950 or L950xl it was a painful day or two trying to get everything back the way it was.

I had no issue with backup on w10m. Worked flawlessly every time on approved devices.

Andreas Lagos

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
what about contact sync. will simply downloading outlook on android pull in all my contacts from my win phone? another refugee here as well :)

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
what about contact sync. will simply downloading outlook on android pull in all my contacts from my win phone? another refugee here as well :)

If you sync your contacts with your main mail program, then it will pull them down once you create that account on Android. If you don't sync your contacts, you would have to move them over manually.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I like the tips you folks are providing in this thread, good stuff. So what SMS apps do you think are the best or just use the default app? Is there a good calendar app that I can use with MS calendar that displays appointments across multiple days instead of a day at a time? Its hard to see in the play store.

I use Google calendar because I like the agenda view. I sync my outlook calendar to my Google calendar. I wish outlook had a separate calendar app.