02-23-2018 11:15 AM
133 123 ...
tools
    Just got my first Android phone. I went with the Galaxy S8 Plus. Looking forward to becoming involved here as well.
    10-04-2017 02:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. I'm a former Windows Phone user, and I've been using Android for 2½ years now. I've been happy with my decision to switch.
    10-04-2017 03:19 PM
    Good to have you and enjoy what will be a great investment....
    10-04-2017 03:34 PM
    There are quite a few of us former and current Windows phone users in here now. Welcome to the club Mark
    10-04-2017 03:39 PM
    Howdy! Welcome to the Android fold. I too am a former Windows Phone user (Lumia Icon).

@Laura Knotek Howdy! Long time no talk.
    10-04-2017 03:42 PM
    Howdy! Welcome to the Android fold. I too am a former Windows Phone user (Lumia Icon).
    Nice to see you here. What Android phone are you using now? I'm currently using an LG V20.
    10-04-2017 04:09 PM
    Nice to see you here. What Android phone are you using now? I'm currently using an LG V20.
    I have the Verizon S8+. I did a short stint with HTC One M9, then iPhone 6s Plus for a bit before coming back into the Android fold. I still miss my Icon though. I think Microsoft could have done better with the Lumia line.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    10-04-2017 04:22 PM
    Just got my first Android phone. I went with the Galaxy S8 Plus. Looking forward to becoming involved here as well.
    Hi! There are a lot of Windows Phone refugees here... I'm one as well. Hope you really enjoy using your new phone because that's what it's all about. Actually, I still occasionally break out my $30 lumia 640 for old times' sake.
    Laura Knotek and Mark Kaplan like this.
    10-04-2017 04:47 PM

Always thought my Icon was one gorgeous phone.
    gernerttl and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-04-2017 04:49 PM
    Always thought my Icon was one gorgeous phone.
    It was, and still is compared to some of newer ones.
    10-04-2017 05:01 PM
    Welcome, I'm another former WP user too. Changed from a lumia to an S8. Really like the phone so happy enough with the change. Miss live tiles through. Widgets are ok as a replacement.
    10-05-2017 03:39 AM
    Similar situation as @Laura Knotek personally. I've left Windows Phone about 2 years ago after Windows 10 Mobile hit the Lumia 640 and things started going downhill. I've become an real Android Enthusiast since having owned several phones in the last 2 years, selling them to get another one to play with it. I just got the S8 this week and am looking forward to playing with it (I'm waiting for a case).

Welcome here! You'll see we're just as nice and friendly! ;-)
    10-05-2017 08:05 AM
    Thank you all. I hope and am planning to be as active here as I am/was on Windows Central. I went all in with an S8 Plus, Dex Dock & Gearfit2 pro Watch. I will miss the supersharp pictures the Lumia 950 XL took. Looking forward to comparing that with the S8+. I will also miss the Live Tiles but from what I'm reading, I can install all the other Microsoft Apps I like including Cortana. Looking forward to this journey.
    10-05-2017 12:11 PM
    Former WP user here as well. Welcome!
    mary beth hale likes this.
    10-05-2017 01:00 PM
    Welcome.

I have and use several Windows phones. In fact, judging by the responses in this thread, pretty much all of us seem to use Windows phones, though some of us, I believe, occasionally dabble with Androids. A few of us probably enjoy them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2017 01:10 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a Preview/Beta program for Microsoft Apps on Android?
    10-05-2017 01:54 PM
    Thank you all. I hope and am planning to be as active here as I am/was on Windows Central. I went all in with an S8 Plus, Dex Dock & Gearfit2 pro Watch. I will miss the supersharp pictures the Lumia 950 XL took. Looking forward to comparing that with the S8+. I will also miss the Live Tiles but from what I'm reading, I can install all the other Microsoft Apps I like including Cortana. Looking forward to this journey.
    I miss Live Tiles too; and the Microsoft Apps are excellent. I haven't even switched over to Google. I use the Outlook App, OneNote, etc. The only thing I use that is Google is my company's email, since it uses GMail for it's corporate email server. Oh and my personal Google account for Google Play and Google Play Music and Movies.
    10-05-2017 06:50 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a Preview/Beta program for Microsoft Apps on Android?
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing...osoft.launcher
    Downloaded this but haven't tried it yet. Still on Nova. Will try it this weekend when I have time to play with it.
    10-06-2017 09:10 AM
    As someone who was addicted to Hey Cortana, I'm afraid you might be disappointed with Cortana on Android. I've converted to Google Assistant. Miss live tiles as well but same thing for me... The Android apps that simulate live tiles just haven't worked well for me. Using Nova Prime. Still use Outlook, OneDrive and OneNote.
    10-06-2017 09:18 AM
    https://www.androidcentral.com/week-...romeda-theming

If you enjoyed dark theme on your WP, may want to try this. I'm currently using it with the Swift Black theme. There is an add-on for Samsung phones that needs to be installed.
    10-06-2017 09:38 AM
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing...osoft.launcher
    Downloaded this but haven't tried it yet. Still on Nova. Will try it this weekend when I have time to play with it.
    Its a really good launcher, using it now, was great as arrow but has made a big leap forward with the name change.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    10-06-2017 10:16 AM
    Its a really good launcher, using it now, was great as arrow but has made a big leap forward with the name change.
    I'll second that. I've tried a lot of launchers but mostly stuck to Nova until now. I never got around to trying Arrow but after seeing it become a fully fledged Microsoft app yesterday I installed it and have to say I love it. The Utility page to the left is excellent and reminds me a lot of the widget page on iPhone
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-06-2017 12:38 PM
    Since the bloatware can't be uninstalled, can someone give me the process for disabling pre-installed apps on Android?
    10-06-2017 01:42 PM
    Since the bloatware can't be uninstalled, can someone give me the process for disabling pre-installed apps on Android?
    I have the Verizon version and it allowed me to disable SOME of the bloatware. Package Disabler Pro with the BK 2 Plugin got the rest. It doesn't actually uninstall them though, just disables them.
    Mark Kaplan and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-06-2017 02:59 PM
    I'll second that. I've tried a lot of launchers but mostly stuck to Nova until now. I never got around to trying Arrow but after seeing it become a fully fledged Microsoft app yesterday I installed it and have to say I love it. The Utility page to the left is excellent and reminds me a lot of the widget page on iPhone
    Ive been using arrow for a while and it was good however its a significant leap forward now. The look is brilliant and gestures are new too. Love being able to swipe up and open Cortana that easily.

A wee bit laggy ive found the now but it is a beta so that should be expected. But for the utility page and look, I can cope with a wee bit lag for now.
    dov1978 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-06-2017 04:12 PM
133 123 ...