Welcome to our new sub-forum. Here we will discuss any and all Microsoft apps and technology related to the Android OS. We encourage everyone to post their current experiences and wishlists for features and apps from Microsoft on Android.
    Thank you for participating!
    11-01-2017 09:59 AM
    Wishlist #1 . Full integration between Cortana and Microsoft Launcher.
    11-01-2017 10:11 AM
    Wishlist #1 . Full integration between Cortana and Microsoft Launcher.
    YES!
    11-01-2017 10:12 AM
    What I would really like to see is Microsoft taking all of there Android apps including the launcher and creating a fully integrated Microsoft version of Android. Then partnering with Samsung to sell actual Microsoft versions on the Samsung flagships.
    11-01-2017 11:18 AM
    What I would really like to see is Microsoft taking all of there Android apps including the launcher and creating a fully integrated Microsoft version of Android. Then partnering with Samsung to sell actual Microsoft versions on the Samsung flagships.
    I really like this idea however I don't see them getting into another OS. The more feasible option would be to use the open source capabilities of Android to integrate Cortana.
    11B1P, Laura Knotek and Norg like this.
    11-01-2017 03:45 PM
    What I would really like to see is Microsoft taking all of *there Android apps including the launcher and creating a fully integrated Microsoft version of Android. Then partnering with Samsung to sell actual Microsoft versions on the Samsung flagships.
    *their

Norg likes this.
    11-01-2017 04:42 PM
    *their

I blame Samsung. ๐Ÿ˜
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    11-01-2017 05:07 PM
    So what do you think about a real Microsoft Edition Note 8 or S9 next spring. I think Microsoft could kill it with my plan.
    11-01-2017 05:24 PM
    So what do you think about a real Microsoft Edition Note 8 or S9 next spring. I think Microsoft could kill it with my plan.
    I think it's a viable idea. I don't see why they couldn't pull this off. They would be better off though making a device agnostic OS to cover a wider footprint. There are so many users that use Android phones with a Windows 10 PC device or tablet. I'm not sure of the licensing implications though.
    11-01-2017 08:44 PM
    I think it's a viable idea. I don't see why they couldn't pull this off. They would be better off though making a device agnostic OS to cover a wider footprint. There are so many users that use Android phones with a Windows 10 PC device or tablet. I'm not sure of the licensing implications though.
    True, but I would hate to see mid to low range Chinese versions. Blu Microsoft Edition. ๐Ÿ˜’
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    11-02-2017 06:47 AM
    11-25-2017 08:34 PM
    It begins.
    11-25-2017 08:35 PM
    They have been doing that for awhile actually. Previously in stores only, now they are selling it online. The problem is its no different than a standard S8. They just install the app for you instead of you doing it yourself.
    11-27-2017 12:08 PM
    They have been doing that for awhile actually. Previously in stores only, now they are selling it online. The problem is its no different than a standard S8. They just install the app for you instead of you doing it yourself.
    Right, so now the device comes preloaded with the apps they were loading at the store. One step closer to an official Microsoft version.

When I fired up my new Tab S3 yesterday it had Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive already on it.
    11-27-2017 04:23 PM
    I can't really call it a "Microsoft version" because its still lacking so much basic integration with the OS. The only way it will truly be a Microsoft version is if they work on the OS itself to integrate into the apps. There is so much functionality lost moving from W10M to Android and its all due to the lack of OS integration.
    11-29-2017 02:21 PM
    I can't really call it a "Microsoft version" because its still lacking so much basic integration with the OS. The only way it will truly be a Microsoft version is if they work on the OS itself to integrate into the apps. There is so much functionality lost moving from W10M to Android and its all due to the lack of OS integration.
    With Microsoft's resources and Android's flexibility that could happen. A Microsoft version of Android. They could even make it look like WM10. I've used launchers in the past that looked just like WP. I'm sure they could make a WM version.
    Norg likes this.
    11-29-2017 04:04 PM
    With Microsoft's resources and Android's flexibility that could happen. A Microsoft version of Android. They could even make it look like WM10. I've used launchers in the past that looked just like WP. I'm sure they could make a WM version.
    Agree that they can successfully make the front-end experience feel and run like a WP. That's if they spend the coin... Like the saying goes: Everything is available at a price!
    11-30-2017 08:33 AM
    Right, so now the device comes preloaded with the apps they were loading at the store. One step closer to an official Microsoft version.

When I fired up my new Tab S3 yesterday it had Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive already on it.
    From Windows Central today. https://www.windowscentral.com/remem...-never-existed
    11-30-2017 11:36 AM
    ๐Ÿค” So it'll be Samsung that gets in the way of my diabolical master plan to create a new line of Microsoft Edition Samsung Flagships. Oh well. I'm using the Microsoft Launcher, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook and Office Lense on my Note 8. Maybe I'll write MICROSOFT on it with a sharpie! That'll show em.
    Mark Kaplan and Norg like this.
    11-30-2017 06:13 PM
    Thanks for reply
    01-06-2018 02:52 PM
    I like Microsoft!
    05-08-2018 03:19 AM