OneNote login problem

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
OneNote keeps telling me "this doesn't look like a work or school email address" when I try to login with my regular Live account that I use on my computer. Obviously, it's not a school or work account, just the same regular account I've had for over 10 years. Does anybody have any idea what is going on?

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Was support any help?
Not really. They want me doing another hard reset, I just stock reset my phone, there's no need. They don't want to stop helping so they look like they're not helping, but they have no idea what to do clearly and days go by that I don't get a reply.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well not really sure what to do either other than create a second alias for your account. Outlook.com now allows you to create secondary aliases for your email account. It will look like a different account, but it will like to the same data as the original. For example I have an example@hotmail.com as my original account for over 10 years now. Recently I created an alias for it named example@outlook.com, which I have been using since. Logging in to that email on Windows services works exactly the same as logging in to the old account. I see the same inbox, OneNote or OneDrive data, etc. Think of it as if your Windows data is in a house, and the old door is your Live account. Just have a new door installed.

Just create a new alias for your account and use that to log in.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Agreed, this is probably your best bet. That's how I resolved a problem with an Outlook OWA login issue.
Also, when you did a hard reset, did you restore from a backup? If you did, you restored the problem as well.

tpapictures

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, this is probably your best bet. That's how I resolved a problem with an Outlook OWA login issue.
Also, when you did a hard reset, did you restore from a backup? If you did, you restored the problem as well.
No I didn't restore from a backup. But that would have been fine because it is precisely BEFORE the backup that I didn't have any problems. And it's not with Outlook or OneDrive. Just OneNote. Its infuriating. I'll try the alias thing.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Umm... I'd have to try. I have an old Windows Phone I could try with and I guess I could try her login on my phone to see what happens.

If it works on another phone, something is being cached on your phone which doesnt make sense if you did a hard reset. If it was the account I would expect you to also have problems logging in on the web.

Newbyboy

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
Im not sure if you've solved this or not, but i had the same issue. Download the Outlook App to your device and add your hotmail/outlook account to the emails. When i did this and opened OneNote it immediately signed into my personal account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie