Office 365 Calendar/Account

jswmcse

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
All:
Been on Windows Phone for years now and switched back to Android due to change in mobile provider. I'm really struggling with the lack of Microsoft functionality for the calendar.

On Windows, the Office 365 calendar "progressed" throughout the day, but the widget on Android (from Microsoft Launcher I think) is static. This means on busy days, I can't see the afternoon appointments. Am I missing something?

If not, there seems to be good Google calendar apps, like Digical, that have more sophisticated widgets, but they only show my Google calendar, which I've never used. Just don't like the interface. When I try to setup my main Office 365 account under these other apps, they say I already have the account configured on the phone.

Do I have to disconnect it from the Outlook app to work with a different calendar app? If so, where am I supposed to check my email?

I'm probably confusing something really basic here. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
I am with you on this. There are many things I miss about W10M that just doesnt work on Android. Outlook is one of them. From Calendar pop-up reminders that persist, having a separate calendar app, a Contacts app, etc..
To answer your question, if you use ActiveSync you can use any 3rd party calendar that accepts Exchange data without disconnecting Outlook. They can run in tandem. Just be careful of duplicates.