Cortana on Android beta users

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Anyone else in the beta? There is supposed to be the option to have Cortana read incoming texts now however on my Galaxy S9 Plus, the option doesn't appear.

Vertego

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I am, but I do wonder why. The ability to read incoming texts...where? Must be regional as I'm not seeing anything.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
I am with you and I'm beginning to think the Cortana on Android beta is no more. I haven't found anyone actually getting a beta version. Everyone is getting the production version and the admin of the group has ghosted us.

I'm hopeful Andromeda can offer us something to go to.

Emart 1

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
I just switched to Android and miss that feature as well. I am also on Beta but I don't see anything different on Cortana. I hope Microsoft hasn't abandoned Cortana altogether.

Mark Kaplan

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
I just switched to Android and miss that feature as well. I am also on Beta but I don't see anything different on Cortana. I hope Microsoft hasn't abandoned Cortana altogether.

I don't feel the Android beta program is still intact. None of us are getting a beta version even though it says we are. I'm sure there are reasons but I can't understand why it can't be integrated into an open source os.

Vertego-Solutions

Sep 24, 2019
Visit site
Resurrecting this...

Cortana seems to have totally stalled, if only in the UK. Not working at all on Android, or on Insider Preview release on PC either.

Shame.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana