What are your thoughts
    09-04-2020 07:31 PM
    I played with it at Best Buy and it exceeded by expectations. The build quality is excellent, it is incredibly thin and the ability to span any app across both screens seems to work great. The screen is bright and vibrant. I can't wait to get my preorder. The App pair feature from the little I got to try it seems pretty good. Holding it like a book is very natural. Unfortunately the Duo had no network connectivity, so I was limited on what I could try. Not impressed the the stick on bumper, half of it had already fallen off. Have a Kensington Belt Holster on order, would really like to see some case options. Has anyone found any other cases out there? Definitely want to try running a virtual Windows 10 desktop on it. Anyone have a recommendations of the easiest to set up Cloud hosted Windows 10 desktop service? Will start out using Chrome Remote Desktop or another service to connect to my own desktop.
    JoePa2624 likes this.
    09-06-2020 11:42 AM
    Debrand has nice skins for.
    JoePa2624 likes this.
    09-07-2020 04:44 AM
    Played with one for a few minutes at the at&t store. Build quality is great, the hinge is sturdy and on par with all the unboxing videos. The bumper will be going into the garbage as it was already coming off. It was smooth and apps opened flawlessly. I would hope in 2nd gen devices the forehead and chin will get smaller. Kept getting interrupted by the demo app so I cut it short and headed back to work.
    09-08-2020 05:06 PM
    Played with it. Very nice as an Android tablet. Seems to be not very handy as a phone. No exterior indicator to see who is calling. I think I'd get very frustrated using it day-to-day.
    09-09-2020 09:53 AM
    No exterior indicator to see who is calling.
    If you had a smartwatch you could work-around that, but yeah a small cover display would've been great.
    09-09-2020 10:56 AM
    Honestly i would have pre ordered this if it wasn't for 2 things, the camera and the chip., It needs to be flagship for that price.
    09-10-2020 06:18 AM
    I have been using mine since its arrival on Tuesday and I love it. Most of the comments over at windoescentral.com are quite positive. Those reviews reporting a buggy OS obviously never updated the OS which resolves most of the issues being described. The update was released Tuesday with the phones and is prompted as soon as the device boots up. If you pass on the update you had a bad experience. I love the device and have no desire to back to my Galaxy S9+. I have had no issues, no crashes, no lockups, nothing. Just great performance and excellent battery life.
    09-13-2020 01:35 PM
    I have been using mine since its arrival on Tuesday and I love it. Most of the comments over at windoescentral.com are quite positive. Those reviews reporting a buggy OS obviously never updated the OS which resolves most of the issues being described. The update was released Tuesday with the phones and is prompted as soon as the device boots up. If you pass on the update you had a bad experience. I love the device and have no desire to back to my Galaxy S9+. I have had no issues, no crashes, no lockups, nothing. Just great performance and excellent battery life.
    I think you have aided the sway for me towards this device. Do you use the surface pen with it (would be coming from a note and I use the S-pen) if so which one? I have an original Surface pen (the one with the clip) and if that works with it I'm sold.
    09-15-2020 08:51 AM
    I had a Duo on pre-order and received it on 09/10, I moved from a Note 10+ and am really enjoying what the Duo brings to the table. It's about as pure of an Android experience as you are likely to find outside of a Google branded device.

Please keep in mind that this is a gen 1 device and the "Day One" update is a must or you will have a less than stellar ride on this new wagon. The Duo is not going to appeal to everyone and it lacks some things many expect from a high end device.

-It does not have - NFC, Wireless Charging, An array of cameras that allow you to take pro level photos.

-It does have - A dual screen setup that allows you to do things that have previously been the realm of Multi monitor computers, if you want a full screen that gives you 8.1" to use as you see fit (there is the small gap between the dual screens that may cause issues with some app performance) A camera that is great for doing everyday camera & collaboration tasks (it was implemented following a basic set of standards that will allow for fairly easy development and software improvements)

I initially breezed thru the introduction that opens after the base setup process, then over the next day or two wound up scratching my head thinking "how do i do this gesture" I went back and spent some time learning how to properly interact with the gestures and some other aspects of the Duo (if you don't like the gestures and want the 3 buttons you can switch to that) I actually like the gestures now that I am used to using them.

The screen size and shape remind me of the earlier generation of Note's that I so enjoyed using. the ability to use the Surface pen and it's many clones without any pairing requirement is nice. pen/e-ink functionality is currently only the standard Android functionality (I am hoping for additional pen capability perhaps a bit closer to the s-pen in time)

Overall it's a great start and you can really do allot with it if you take the time to get settled in properly.

These are my thoughts and experiences thus far with the Duo.

Cheers,
    BR
    jackiespino likes this.
    09-18-2020 07:20 PM
    Played with it. Very nice as an Android tablet. Seems to be not very handy as a phone. No exterior indicator to see who is calling. I think I'd get very frustrated using it day-to-day.
    How is it close to anything like a tablet with two unconnected sub 6" screens?

And thays what a smart watch is for. Even better, you can dictate what apps notify the watch so you don't get buzzed for inane things.

Side benefit is it can disconnect you from your phone since we're overly absorbed into our phones as it is.
    09-30-2020 09:41 PM
    I think you have aided the sway for me towards this device. Do you use the surface pen with it (would be coming from a note and I use the S-pen) if so which one? I have an original Surface pen (the one with the clip) and if that works with it I'm sold.
    I traded in my Note 10+ for the Duo. Arrives tomorrow. I have a pen from my HP laptop and my Pixelbook pen. Which the Duo. Totally reminds me of a miniature Pixelbook in its overall design.

I'm sure they'll work well. I used the spen daily for signatures, editing pdf's and annotating. Can't wait to work in one app while referencing from a second without killing my real estate in split screen or bouncing back and forth between apps.
    09-30-2020 09:51 PM