I got mine last night, anyone else decide to take the plunge?
    09-18-2020 01:48 PM
    Nope, I decided to stay with Pixel 4 XL
    09-18-2020 06:11 PM
    Have had mine since the 10th.

Cheers,
    BR
    09-18-2020 07:26 PM
    I think I have read more about device returns than actual people keeping them.
    09-18-2020 08:02 PM
    I think I have read more about device returns than actual people keeping them.
    It doesn't surprise me.
    09-18-2020 08:09 PM
    It doesn't surprise me.
    I had high hopes since I love my Surface. Granted not the same thing, and a first generation device like this for them. Bummed to read the bad reviews.
    09-18-2020 08:41 PM
    I had high hopes since I love my Surface. Granted not the same thing, and a first generation device like this for them. Bummed to read the bad reviews.
    Yeah...it sounds like it wasn't well thought out. I like the folding form factor despite it being two screens. As a phone though I think it's form factor is just too big for day to day use.
    customshopkv1 and J Dubbs like this.
    09-18-2020 09:02 PM
    Yeah...it sounds like it wasn't well thought out. I like the folding form factor despite it being two screens. As a phone though I think it's form factor is just too big for day to day use.
    Between the Fold 2 and Duo i actually like how the surface feels and it’s something in the form factor it feels nice using it. Mostly i think because the Duo is so thin and light compared to Fold 2. But the software on this is unbelievable, it’s like Microsoft one day decided screw it and let’s ship it

Lots of bugs, not optimized properly, lags, jank you name it. Not sure how anyone can use this as main device. Even if the software issues was not there this is more of a companion device than compared to Fold 2 which is much more polished overall.
    09-19-2020 02:35 AM
    I have been using the device full time for over a week now. I understand a couple bugs but I do not have the issues (anymore) that most people seem to be commenting on.
    Yes I had some challenges with the device but once I got to understand that with two completely separate accelerometers, orientation when you fold the device is important to get the reaction you want. Hold it more in an upright position when you fold it and the proper screen will show.
    Also the gestures are a little bit more finicky than my pixel 4 was. Examples, where you put your finger to start the upward swipe for the app drawer is critical, and when closing an app you swipe up but if you swipe slightly to the side, it will flip the app to the other screen. So the main bug here is the precision required for swiping is a lot more than I had with the pixel 4
    If you don't fold the device properly and there is active screen on the back side and your fingers are on it for support, it will make the front screen shake wildly. Back to my comment of how to more consistently hold the device to get one screen to show.
    I do agree there is some lag or freezing occasionally. To me right now that is a valid bug.
    Oh and one of the first things I did was get rid of that Microsoft keyboard and put gboard on.

Am I a fanboy and that's why I'm making positive comments? Heck no. I just like playing with new devices and technology, and finding out how to work through the challenges, instead of expecting absolute perfection right out of the gate for something as complex as this device. It is fascinating to see what we have today compared to what we were playing with in the late 90s.

Am I keeping it? I'm not really sure yet. I'm not a big camera user but the camera does fall short from my expectations, particularly in low light. The lack of wireless charging is a step backwards but not a deal breaker for me. Having to open the device to see notifications is good on one hand because it does not distract me all day long, and I get notifications on my watch that I have prioritized.
    The biggest positive of the device? I can consume information much easier now, like this forum :-) and respond.
    09-19-2020 10:06 AM
    Have it. Love it. Dont think i could look back if MS keeps this up. Just typing on this feels so much natural. Makes my mobile productivity better streamlined when need.

People need to stop worrying and caring what people think. The Note had the same crap they had to deal with. Glad I decided to drop for this and return Note 20.
    aximtreo and 11B1P like this.
    09-21-2020 07:18 PM
    Mine should be here on Monday. Can't wait.
    09-26-2020 04:02 PM
    Mine just shipped. I have a couple different windows pens. Happy to be ditching my Note for a new form factor and not having to deal with Samsung butchering the Note line.

All the big complaints... Ummm... Waahhh... It's like people forgot about how it was using new innovative devices, being early adopters and working through the kinks as they update the phone. Only so much one can do to test in limited situations. This is the type of phone meant for enthusiasts willing to grow with it. For the people that want out of the box perfection, stick to one of the many generic slabs we've been stuck with for years.

And having played with it at BB the other day, it reminds me of a miniature Pixelbook with its build and feel. Would love to see a replaceable rubber insert that protruded slightly more. Maybe son torx screws one would remove to swap out. Different colors for personalization. Throw on some vinyl, metal or wooden skins and call it a day. No real case needed.

I did see the bumper case though. Wonder if that hinders the in and out of the pocket.
    09-29-2020 01:53 PM
    I will definitely go for it as soon as it arrives in Europe!
    09-30-2020 04:01 PM
    Sent mines back. Poor Bluetooth and call reception. I couldn't stand that white edge getting dirty so quick. Even with a bumper the USB socket would discolor and now the reports cracked edges at the USB just makes me glad to just wait for Gen 2. This device is amazing, but has it's Gen 1 issues I couldn't accept. Swapped for the Fold 2
    10-06-2020 01:04 PM