Hi,

I'm really like the DUO, even with the bugs. My experience hasn't been close to the bad things I've been reading. I was wondering if any DUO owners have had issues trying to change Outlook default mail sound. If I try I get the message "android.process.media keeps stopping".

I've tried a couple things I found online, but nothing has worked.

Thank you.
    10-07-2020 07:52 PM
    How are you attempting to change the sound? Through the app?
    11-05-2020 10:16 PM
    Does Outlook have its own notification sound or is it pulling it from one of the default system sounds? I use outlook on the Duo but haven't heard any unique sounds (or noticed.)
    11-06-2020 09:39 AM
    You can change outlook mail app sound from its own to your default ring tones.

Long press the app >tap info>notification >tap on the space says mail and it will take you to another submenu>tap.app default sound and change
    11-06-2020 09:52 AM
    I've tried from with the App and going through the app setting etc. If you go through the app if basically brings you to the same place as going for App Info/Notification/Mail. The value is "App provided sound" I hit that it backs me up a menu and I have to repeat. then I get the error. Very weird, unless I'm completely missing something. Tnanks!
    11-07-2020 06:53 PM
    I've tried from with the App and going through the app setting etc. If you go through the app if basically brings you to the same place as going for App Info/Notification/Mail. The value is "App provided sound" I hit that it backs me up a menu and I have to repeat. then I get the error. Very weird, unless I'm completely missing something. Tnanks!
    I've tested this on my pixel 5 , changed the sound to popcornUnable to change default mail sound in Outlook-screenshot_20201107-210529.jpeg
    11-07-2020 09:06 PM
    You can change outlook mail app sound from its own to your default ring tones.

Long press the app >tap info>notification >tap on the space says mail and it will take you to another submenu>tap.app default sound and change
    Nice, now I have to get back to the office to aquire my new mail sound file, I would have never figured it out on my own, thanks.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-11-2020 12:36 PM
    Nice, now I have to get back to the office to aquire my new mail sound file, I would have never figured it out on my own, thanks.
    Your welcome!
    11-11-2020 02:00 PM
    Just found that it also happens in some other apps. I get to the screen you posted, and when I hit "Sound" it usually backs me up to the previous screen, then I get back to hit sound again and get this:

Unable to change default mail sound in Outlook-duoerror.jpg

Maybe just my phone.
    11-11-2020 08:40 PM
    Just found that it also happens in some other apps. I get to the screen you posted, and when I hit "Sound" it usually backs me up to the previous screen, then I get back to hit sound again and get this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DUOError.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	328778

Maybe just my phone.
    Strange , tap info and clear its data and force stop it and try change the sound again .
    11-11-2020 09:00 PM
    I assume you mean once in the app setting, tap storage and then clear storage and cache. Doesn't help. I've even wiped this Duo twice in the past to see if I had better luck.

By the way, thanks for the suggestions, i do appreciate it.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-11-2020 09:17 PM
    I assume you mean once in the app setting, tap storage and then clear storage and cache. Doesn't help. I've even wiped this Duo twice in the past to see if I had better luck.

By the way, thanks for the suggestions, i do appreciate it.
    Yeah when that box pops up like your screen shot tap info , does it give option to clear data ? It's also very important to do the force stop also .
    Your welcome , hopefully can figure it out for you .
    11-11-2020 09:19 PM