Surface Duo 2

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Current Duo is the fastest phone I've seen - and after years trying wireless, ever since became possible, and thinking it was a must - - it's not. I've used Note for 10 years, S21 Ultra this year.

The Duo 2 will weigh 284 grams vs 250 now, compared to 224 for the Ultra (but which feels heavier!)

The Duo is easier to handle than iPad Mini - I don't see it as a "phone."

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft just put a pending hold for order amount. Oouch! They probably won't ship for a week. Hoping it actually shows up on 21st.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Arrived. Huge box with phone box free to slide around. No damage but come on. Why?

Didn't offer cable to cable USBC to transfer from old Android device so slow sitting here waiting. Just spinning with Just a sec... on screen.
This after 690MB update that went slow.

Heavier. Solid feel. Maybe I should have skipped doing wireless transfer though.

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Was that shipped from MS or Best Buy? I am exercising my patience as it looks like I won't be getting mine until Monday, damn you UPS *shakes fist in the air*

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft. Arrived late innn day and it was hours getting everything ready.

Screenshot are awkward as s*t. Very good hardware yet software interface interaction still needs polish. Some saw issues when Samsung Galaxy with its Edge were troublesome.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Just now day after receiving Duo I get email from M$ on my order and tracking # luckily the account order web page had that. This happens on every part of this order, pen, too.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Stability update of 220MB already downloaded and ready to install at 2am greeted me. Good step. Like that it was done automatically. No details, posted on Windows Central

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Went to a local BB and got mine (said goodbye to my old Note 10+) manually copied the files I wanted from zFold 3 to pc then to Duo 2, I feel like it was faster between the Duo and pc vs the Fold 3 and PC either way (I copied files from the PC to the Fold 3 manually as well) I did not use one of the many tools available for this because I wanted to set it up clean and trim some of what was coming from the old device. Have the bumper on order with some skins (same setup as my Duo 1, I also found a Nite Ize XXL belt case that works well until a better option presents itself. Perhaps the Kensington Belt Clip like I used on the Duo 1. I like it so far, I have a thought about about the missed swipes that happen sometimes (I wonder if it has something to do with finger contact on the inner curved edge of the glass)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Edge browser Collections fails to sync. Is fine on SD1.
Tried all four versions, all the same.
??? Losing faith in Microsoft software

New issue. No sound. Not in any app. Missed phone calls. Can't hear voicemail. Restart brought it back.

Last edited:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Having fun... Not. Wider screen, close proximity to the edge makes grabbing a screenshot to crop tricky. End up with the back swipe button kicking in.

Spanning OneDrive is nice until I tried to delete, the app crashed multiple times. Google drive was better. But cropping photos needs work. Doubly so with Adobe Photoshop Express, the crop and back button.

Add or bring back the screenshot to power button so it is easy to use and so *** awkward.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
After recent Nov security update, OneDrive now crashes. MS Launcher was also repeatedly crashing over and over along with it. I think they are tied together. Shutdown helped Launcher but not DUO 1. Happens on alternate screen from OneDrive so that the desktop is going black over and over.

Even though I've cleared cache partitions often and easily on Samsung Galaxy I am unable to, am Not going to use a USB to do so. I think would help.

There is no feedback app, just the settings about link which fails with unexpected error.

All of these software glitches. I do think it could use 12GB but maybe memory management is just bad. The Galaxy 8 had 8GB.