MintSim Hell porting the number

jubshi

May 1, 2017
Visit site
All,

Just wanted to let you know. It has been 4 days since i received the mintsim simcard, activated it online and tried to port my number from att to mint.
After about ten useless calls to customer service, things are moving nowhere. 4 days of no service at all. ATT disconnected my line immediately. Mint have never made it work.
All they can say ticket is in progress with tech team and no updates. Every time i call, its the same answer, just bare with us and wait, another 24 or 48 hours.
Well i just ended up waiting additional 4, and still no progress.
Talked to the customer service manager on duty, she told me the same story, its in progress.

So this is a disaster. If they dont fix it in a couple more days I'm gonna report them as fraud company with my credit card and get my money back. My number will likely be lost forever though.

jubshi

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Update
Day 5:
Talked to a supervisor. Now i know that everytime you call the customer service, they seem to create a new ticket and close the older ticket. So the tickets are never pending for a long time i guess or something. I have like 10 or so tickets with these guys, impossible to track. ticket numbers change every time you talk to them...
So i talked to this supervisor calling himself Mike. He told me he is escalating the issue to the technical (or backend) team and i should wait 24/48 hours.
day 6:
call 1: Talked to a supervisor (Shaina or something like that), who told me my escalated ticket was updated saying "there is an error that your zipcode xxxxx does not work, even though we have customers with your zipcode", next "you have to wait another 24/48 hours".
call 2: Talked to Nadia who kept claiming she is the "Customer service professional assigned to assist customers" and under no freaking circumstances would let me talk to a supervisor. i ended up hanging the call as she freaked me out. but first, she told me she needs my credit card last digits so she can file refund request with finance team. WTF? did i ask for a refund? Are you going to take my old number and refund me for killing it?!
As usual, my ticket is closed and a new one is created... I am starting to feel that my tickets are never reaching tech support team as they are always stuck in the stupid customer service department. oh, and again, i have to wait 24/48 hours, but it is not clear what i am waiting on, since those customer service dudes are unable to quote anything written anywhere in any ticket. so if they cant, i think tech department just has no ticket or data to work on.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Update
Day 5:
Talked to a supervisor. Now i know that everytime you call the customer service, they seem to create a new ticket and close the older ticket. So the tickets are never pending for a long time i guess or something. I have like 10 or so tickets with these guys, impossible to track. ticket numbers change every time you talk to them...
So i talked to this supervisor calling himself Mike. He told me he is escalating the issue to the technical (or backend) team and i should wait 24/48 hours.
day 6:
call 1: Talked to a supervisor (Shaina or something like that), who told me my escalated ticket was updated saying "there is an error that your zipcode xxxxx does not work, even though we have customers with your zipcode", next "you have to wait another 24/48 hours".
call 2: Talked to Nadia who kept claiming she is the "Customer service professional assigned to assist customers" and under no freaking circumstances would let me talk to a supervisor. i ended up hanging the call as she freaked me out. but first, she told me she needs my credit card last digits so she can file refund request with finance team. WTF? did i ask for a refund? Are you going to take my old number and refund me for killing it?!
As usual, my ticket is closed and a new one is created... I am starting to feel that my tickets are never reaching tech support team as they are always stuck in the stupid customer service department. oh, and again, i have to wait 24/48 hours, but it is not clear what i am waiting on, since those customer service dudes are unable to quote anything written anywhere in any ticket. so if they cant, i think tech department just has no ticket or data to work on.

I'm very happy I read this before I made the purchase. I'm sorry you had to go through this. I guess it's true that when an offer sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

jubshi

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Update
Day 7:
Talked to Jaya from customer support team. He could tell me nothing but "It is in progress". He took my contact details (i should say this is third time now), promised to escalate it to the Tech team and to "Personally follow up with you".
SO i decided to let them some time work on it, maybe without pinging them daily and creating new ticket every time.
Day 11:
I waited for couple days (plus the weekend). Obviously noone followed up with me personally. So I called back again to check on the status. Talked to another supervisor calling himself Ong. He told me the tech team escalated it to their systems expert, and they are having some internal issue they are trying to resolve but still have no fix for it. He told me something about TMobile's involvement in this and that it should maybe fixed today/tomorrow. Not very assuring, but at least this guy was able to tell me something is happening on the tech team side. He also quoted the same old ticket number that one of the support folks told me was closed. Claiming sometimes call senter folks might see tickets as closed even when they are not, or maybe it was reopened, or a system glitch, or whatever other weird excuse... So I'm waiting further...

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree that MintSIM has NO customer support that's worth anything. They might as well not have CS team, because it does no good.

BUT, when I moved over my SO's number to MintSIM, everything went off without a hitch. I should mention that the previous provider was T-Mobile. It's possible things worked without issues because it was a T-Mobile number and Mint uses the same network.

Personally, I don't even bother porting numbers when I switch carriers. My main number is my Google Voice number, and so I just get a new number with the new carrier and set up the forwarding.

sysop30135

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Best practice has always been to activate with a new number, wait, then port. Before you port, the trick is to verify with the loosing carrier the account details down to the letter.

Do not do anything to interrupt service with your loosing carrier. Pay the balance in full. Do not cancel.

Pay less, get less.

cmccan

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site
Best practice has always been to activate with a new number, wait, then port. Before you port, the trick is to verify with the loosing carrier the account details down to the letter

IMPORTANT MINT TIPS

It can take up to 48 hours for your number to be transferred from another carrier, so don’t cancel your old service until you receive confirmation that your number has been moved to the Mint side.
Bear in mind: once you have activated with a new number, we will be UNABLE TO TRANSFER any existing number to your Mint SIM account

Getting new number then porting was my plan. They don't allow.
Still waiting to be ported BTW

Sonali92

Sep 18, 2018
Visit site
All,

Just wanted to let you know. It has been 4 days since i received the mintsim simcard, activated it online and tried to port my number from att to mint.
After about ten useless calls to customer service, things are moving nowhere. 4 days of no service at all. ATT disconnected my line immediately. Mint have never made it work.
All they can say ticket is in progress with tech team and no updates. Every time i call, its the same answer, just bare with us and wait, another 24 or 48 hours.
Well i just ended up waiting additional 4, and still no progress.
Talked to the customer service manager on duty, she told me the same story, its in progress.

So this is a disaster. If they dont fix it in a couple more days I'm gonna report them as fraud company with my credit card and get my money back. My number will likely be lost forever though.

Hi Jubshi
I wish I saw your post before I started the porting process from att to Mint. I have the same experience with you. Now I have no service for a week. Did you finally ported your number to Mint? How long did it take? I really don't want to lose my number but Mint kept me endless waiting. I want to know if there is still any hope to complete porting or Mint is bull****ting:(
Thanks hope you can see my post

jkarwow

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I ported three phone numbers from AT&T to Mint. Each one was ported within minutes. I ported the primary number last which immediately cancelled my account after the port.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12