MintSIM makes fraudulent claims

David Friedman1

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I purchased a new SIM card and the 3 month plan at around $11 a month. I received the SIM card in the mail three days later.

I tried to activate the card with a new phone number. It didn't like my zip code. So I called customer service on Skype (my only way of calling). I was told that there was no coverage in my zip code and would I like to try another zip code. I said I didn't know what zip codes were covered and could customer service just pick one and give me a new number. No, but some one would email me back in 30 minutes. Two hours later I called again, since I didn't receive an email. Same customer service rep says that he's busy and will email me in 10 minutes. An hour later I call again. Same rep. Nothing happens.

So, I send an email saying how awful the customer service is. I get a quick response asking for the SIM card number, my order number, and the activation number. This was on Saturday.

Today, Monday, I call again. A different rep gives me a phone number. But there is NO COVERAGE at all here. The map showed all green, 4G LTE in my area, in the Catskill Mountain area of New York. Not even 3G. Not even 2G. NOTHING.

Also, I wouldn't pick T-Mobile for my service, yet that's what this is. It never mentions T-Mobile on their site. Regardless, I have my number and I have a password, so I try to log in and get this page:

mintsim 2.JPG

So, I decide to get a refund. The help "fox" sends me a link to this page:

mintsim 1.JPG

I'm reporting this company to the FCC, FTC, and BBB.

They lied about coverage, they have bad service, and I am dissatisfied.

Attachments

• mintsim 1.JPG
    mintsim 1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 55

HeSaveDave

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
I was seriously considering MintSIM but everything I hear about their customer service is terrible. Customer service is extremely important to me. I'd pay higher prices for a company with great customer service. This makes me sad. :'(

SerTr

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
I do not at all understand the chastising comment telling you "it's your personal responsibility". You did EVERYthing YOU were supposed to do - now you're doing the other part that you are supposed to do.

Thank you David Friedman1 for your review - just because it has a negative tone does NOT mean it is wrong or inappropriate.

srcpt

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I had to use customer service to activate a Sim after a problem with online activation. They were very polite and helpful.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance