As some of you may know, Mint is a T-Mobile sub mvno (under Ultra). I have been using it a while and honestly data,calls and text work just as well as T-Mobile when i had them a while back. It is a great choice for those who are using T-Mobile now but want something cheaper, particularly those who have low data usage.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-11-2017 11:40 AM
    Are the plans somewhat comparable?
    03-11-2017 11:48 AM
    Are the plans somewhat comparable?
    Well the mint sim is a bare bones option. The plan i am on is $11.67 per month for the first three months with unlimited talk and text and 2gb LTE data and doesn't include the perks that T-Mobile post paid has... But it's also much much cheaper.
    03-11-2017 01:35 PM
    Does WiFi calling work as smoothly on Mint? One complaint I have with Fi is that I have to make the switch to WiFi calling manually by turning on Airplane mode at home or whenever I know that I have a good WiFi signal. I miss the automatic handover from cell to WiFi, especially since I've already forgotten to turn Airplane mode back off a couple of times after leaving my place.
    03-14-2017 10:13 AM
    WiFi calling is not working for me - tried with a Nexus 5X and then a Nexus 6P. Didn't work well with either of them. I have a poor T-Mobile signal in our home due to an aluminum roof.
    03-23-2017 01:23 PM
    Getting to like this plan more and more every month.
    Galaxy S7 930U doesn't utilize Wi-Fi calling, Sony Z3, Pixel [XL] does.

Signal at my house is so-so; Wi-Fi takes care of that.
    Otherwise, I would say coverage is acceptable/good.
    04-19-2017 03:35 PM
    As some of you may know, Mint is a T-Mobile sub mvno (under Ultra). I have been using it a while and honestly data,calls and text work just as well as T-Mobile when i had them a while back. It is a great choice for those who are using T-Mobile now but want something cheaper, particularly those who have low data usage.
    I was going to pull the trigger, but just read about how impossible it is to port over your old number.
    05-08-2017 08:17 AM
    Getting to like this plan more and more every month.
    Galaxy S7 930U doesn't utilize Wi-Fi calling, Sony Z3, Pixel [XL] does.

Signal at my house is so-so; Wi-Fi takes care of that.
    Otherwise, I would say coverage is acceptable/good.
    Who needs WiFi calling if you have unlimited voice???
    05-10-2017 06:05 AM
    I was going to pull the trigger, but just read about how impossible it is to port over your old number.
    In the same boat. Have a Moto G4 (unlocked) that I'd like to bring to the party but after reading the "Port Hell" thread it has me gun shy. I'm guessing others had a better experience?
    05-11-2017 04:15 PM
    Who needs WiFi calling if you have unlimited voice???
    Signal in my house is poor. With Wi-Fi calling it doesn't matter.

In the same boat. Have a Moto G4 (unlocked) that I'd like to bring to the party but after reading the "Port Hell" thread it has me gun shy. I'm guessing others had a better experience?
    Porting over was not a big deal for me. Just make sure you don't cancel service before port is complete.
    05-14-2017 05:55 AM
    Signal in my house is poor. With Wi-Fi calling it doesn't matter.

Porting over was not a big deal for me. Just make sure you don't cancel service before port is complete.
    Wasn't thinking. I am lucky. Solid signal in my hood.
    05-20-2017 08:16 AM
    yes if i ever switch from sprint i defenately gettimg this
    05-26-2017 11:08 PM
    Update: Ported over from Red Pocket, no real issues and happened same day as port request. 3-month 2GB $35 plan here and so far service over-all is fine. Speeds in my area are very inconsistent and during the day (morning until late evening) LTE is nearly unusable so I have the phone set to HSPA. Can't really complain for the price and this is Houston, where there are just way too many people and overcrowded towers and oversold service across all carriers. Sucks but what can you do.
    05-27-2017 10:12 AM
    I'm telling you right now if I did not have a family plan with Sprint with half off T-Mobile plan I would switch to this without even thinking about it this deal is so awesome
    05-31-2017 01:23 AM