MintSIM with my Nexus 6

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I too tried out the 3 month plan and since @dpham00 did such a great job on his review I'll lay out some pros and cons of my experience with MintSIM using my Nexus 6.

Pros:
- Setup on my Nexus 6 was super easy! All I did was put the SIM in my phone and complete my account setup and I was good to go. I didn't have to adjust any APN setting or anything. Once I got my number I was able to use my phone.
- Coverage was great for me! When I checked the coverage map I saw that I was in an area that got great 4G LTE coverage. Living in a suburb area I sometimes get spotty 4G LTE but in my direct neighborhood it was great. I kept an eye on my reception while going about my day and saw that coverage was on point with my T-Mobile phone.
- WiFi calling worked well. I used my Nexus 6 because it was listed as a phone that had WiFi calling capabilities with MintSIM. I use this when I'm in areas that don't get great coverage and it worked very well.
- Pricing is very affordable when compared to other plans so if you're looking for a plan that gives you the most bang for your buck, I would check out MintSIM.

Cons:
From what I noticed I honestly didn't have any issues with them. I didn't notice any network issues or slow data speeds on my end.

Whoever had the number before me was apparently an important person because I would get these texts about an alarm going off or getting canceled......lol I almost thought it was for my job before I realized it was on my MintSIM number....haha