Once you're activated, you can't port or change phone number ever

royahn77

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
I activated a new Mint Sim account 3 days ago. At the time of activation, I chose to get a temporary new number and transfer my own number at a later date.

I previously had services with Verizon, T-Mobile, Google Project-Fi, and Republic Wireless and I never had any issue porting in my own number after activating the service with a new temporary number. Apparently, this is not possible with Mint Sim.

Before I signed up with Mint Sim, I emailed their customer support asking if I can get a temporary number during activation and then transfer in my own number at a later date. They replied saying that this was in fact possible.

So 3 days after activation, I called the Mint Sim support and asked to transfer my own number to my new Mint Sim account. They said once you activated an account and assigned a phone number, you can't never change it. So I mentioned about my email to customer support but all they can say was it is just not possible. As a last resort, I asked if they can just terminate my current service and send me a new Sim Card so I can re-activate the service with my own number. They said this is not possible either.

While I could somewhat understand that their technology is very limited in terms of porting numbers, saying that they can't even terminate a 3 day old account and just starting a new one feels like they're not even interested in helping me resolve the issue.

Conclusion: With Mint Sim, once you're assigned a phone number, you can never change it unless you pay for another account and activate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2