08-07-2011 02:17 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    I was able to fix it myself, but YMMV. It does require a corporate Sprint Tech to use a tool at a Full Service Location. Give it a try

Thanks,
    08-03-2011 10:17 PM
    Castorshells, that wasn't the Android update. That was the firmware update from last June.

Also a mod on the Sprint forum posted an email from one of the shop techs. Said update bricked HIS phone, but the Triage Laptop had a tool which could fix it. Something about "Wire Update" menu and a "tiny checkbox you may not notice". He claimed this recovery method brought the phone to pre-update functionality, with no lost data. And so the mod dutifully reposted it.
    08-03-2011 10:33 PM
    Yes, w/o going into company confidential details, techs have a tool we can use.

At least, let a tech give it a try. Is easy, quick, and could have you up in running in a very short time. Again, YMMV, but it's worth a shot.

It worked for me personally, but I know what I'm doing and am not your average tech.
    08-03-2011 10:37 PM
    Yes, w/o going into company confidential details, techs have a tool we can use.

At least, let a tech give it a try. Is easy, quick, and could have you up in running in a very short time. Again, YMMV, but it's worth a shot.

It worked for me personally, but I know what I'm doing and am not your average tech.
    Yeah the guy who fixed mine said something about a tool. I'd like to get a hold of that piece of software personally
    08-04-2011 01:15 AM
    lmao. Something leaked from the Sprint Playbook is exclusive, eh?
    OK Phil, new thread title: GingerBRICK Released, then pulled.
    08-04-2011 04:55 AM
    It's funny - I swore I wasn't "that guy" who was really depending on having a slick phone with bells and whistles and everything but a can opener functionality - but I'm really hating waiting for my backordered replacement phone. I've been spoiled with newer software and a good processor...

"I'll just play a quick round of...oh wait"
    "I'll just watch an episode of...oh nevermind"
    "I'll just put in my extra battery...oh crap"
    08-04-2011 12:21 PM
    Any word on a fix? I can't find anything.

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk
    08-05-2011 12:49 AM
    What is the status of the update? Any word on when they will be re-releasing it? I can't find any info out there about it.
    08-05-2011 08:54 AM
    I can still download it but should I? I am on my 2nd echo and it is completely factory, haven't rooted it or done anything to it yet. Im scared to do it.

Xoom: Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked at 1.4, and on Tiamat 2.0 Manta Ray.

Kyocera Echo: Rooted and Awesome.
    Source Code Released!!
    08-07-2011 11:45 AM
    I did update right when i got phone on Aug 2 STOCK OF COURSEnothing happen
    08-07-2011 11:47 AM
    Yeah they pulled the update and there is still no word on a fix.

Motorola Xoom 3g: Unlocked, Rooted, and on Tiamat 2.1.0 Tachi.

Kyocera Echo: Rooted and waiting for Gingerbread.
    08-07-2011 02:17 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD