Protective casing / scratch protection?

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, does anyone use a specific protective case for the Echo? Any recommendations?

What about screen protectors? Any suggestions...

thank you.

salpiche

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Because the screen is corningware gorilla glass I have nothing on the glass and the only other thing that I use is either the belt clip or the pouch. Either way since mine is always being tossed around at the store I see no need for them.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There are some cool cases on ebay if you search kyocera echo case. The only thing I use is my belt clip, it keeps the screen covered with the speaker and buttons still exposed, its awesome.

Motorola Xoom 3g: Unlocked, Rooted, and on Tiamat 2.1.0 Tachi.

Kyocera Echo: Rooted and waiting for Gingerbread.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Luckily the screen has very good touch sense, so adding a protector won't ruin the experience like on some models. On Amazon there are some halfway decent "armor" skins for the device, which provide a little more protection to the hull.

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
A good question is (knowing that the body is touch and namingly scratchproof), is it worth investing in a screen protector? I have an old case which was a bit bigger for the Palm Treo, but, fits the Echo perfectly well...

meggerz

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a screen protector, havent gotten it yet, but amazon seemed to have alot of good protectors for the phone. In all honesty though i have dropped my phone 3 times not a scratch on it so if ur fime with having no screen protectors i think you should be fine.

brarsandeep

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
For all my past phones, have always gotten a screen protector and a hard plastic case that snapped into the phone. With the thickness of the Echo, I am not sure I want to add any more girth with a hard plastic case. Was thinking about the ExteremGUARD that Dre89 talked about.

Can any talk about they experiences with a hard plastic case?

Thanks...my Echo is in shipment and I should have it next week :D

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The nice thing with a screen protectors like Invisishield or Bodyguardz is that they really help reduce screen smudging and do not reduce the touch sensitivity. True they take a lot of patience to get them installed right, but are well worth it. I used them for both my Hero and my Echo.

Also, Bodyguardz has a cool carbon fiber full body skin that also comes with the screen protector.

Kyocera Echo Armor Carbon Fiber protectors by BodyGuardz

Dre89

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The nice thing with a screen protectors like Invisishield or Bodyguardz is that they really help reduce screen smudging and do not reduce the touch sensitivity. True they take a lot of patience to get them installed right, but are well worth it. I used them for both my Hero and my Echo.

Also, Bodyguardz has a cool carbon fiber full body skin that also comes with the screen protector.

Kyocera Echo Armor Carbon Fiber protectors by BodyGuardz

That looks awesome, think I might get that, always smart to have a spare screen protector but the body protector is just awesome, nothing I haven't seen made with duct tape, but still awesome

Jamin13

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Rawr! Tank phone!

In all honesty, I wouldn't think a screen protector to be necessary but you can never been too careful. That carbon fiber backing does look pretty sweet though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE