best themes / Widgets

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Echo phone users, please share your themes / widgets.

Any good must-haves themes / widgets?

How best can one make full use of the dual screens?

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I like Wigetsoid and Bob Clock. You can also try circle launcher, desktop visualizer, and apps organizer. There are so many to choose from its really preference.

Xoom+Root = Perfect Match

n8littlefield

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I just spent a day or so customizing mine and went with a combination of ADW Launcher and the full version of Circle Launcher and love my phone even more. The only caveat is that ADW didn't really like flipping between regular/tablet mode and acted kind of wonky.

To get around this - I locked it in portrait mode and that helped. Then once I got icons I liked in the quick launch bar at the bottom I rebooted because otherwise everytime I opened the phone they were reverting back to older icons - rebooting seems to have locked them in.

I will say this - DON'T buy any launcher/screen customizer until trying the lite version if available for a good hour or two and trying every combination of normal/tablet/portrait/landscape because a lot of launchers and customizing software really don't handle the unique features of the Echo well.

Dre89

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I use ADW EX for my home screen with a 5x5 home spacing. Widgets I used are Missed It, Messaging Widgets(I made it clear, I like to see my LWP, which right now is Timster HD, but was a PSP lwp from XDA), the transparent version of Acer Social Jogger(also from XDA) and a old version of Fancy Widget that's themed dark but is still a little see through(from the SDX Ubuntdroid ROM for the Samsung Moment)

I'll post screenshots later

Almost forgot, I also use Wave Launcher, which works perfect on this phone beyond all.

Last edited:

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone given a try to Zeam? I just tried it and it is seemingly good. No, I have not yet tried any other launcher so far, but, this one does allow a great lot of customizations.

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan of Launcher Pro, been using it since my rooted Hero (which was running Gingerbread long before the Echo).
If you pay for the app it comes with various widgets such as calendar, facebook, twitter, friends, etc... Very reminiscent of the widgets used in HTC's Sense UI.
There are a ton of customizations available and a few themes as well. I've been using it since day one of owning the Echo and haven't had a problem.

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Can you post some screens? I have not been able to get the screen captures as i guess we need to root our phone...

Any way to directly install the HTC sense ui as a widget?

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Apparently you can also get screencaps using the Android SDK connected to the device....? One site that reviewed the Echo posted a tutorial on taking screenshots without rooting, it involved PC and debug mode.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
How to take screenshots on the Kyocera Echo - Know Your Cell

In truth I suppose there's a chance that this is copypasta and I haven't messed with the SDK myself. However I also suspect that this method should work on just about any stock Android phone anyway.

How to convert videos and transfer them to the Kyocera Echo - Know Your Cell

Incidentally I plan to test this one ASAP, given that Moboplayer and Rockplayer have inadequate timers and synchro issues. (audio squelching and very small jumps in the video, regardless of file size or quality) They suggest going no higher than 800x480 (assumes single-screen viewing, though in truth something more like 960x540 (or possibly even 1280x720) would be fine in Tablet aspect. At the least, 720p High Profile .mp4 files (no psyopts or b-frames...I think) ripped from YouTube, look GREAT on this phone. Although a few 720p files from YouTube DON'T work, for some reason.

When I have a Handbrake profile that has SMOOTH HQ (720p-x264) on at least 10 bluray downscales, I'll create a new thread and post the full information here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr