Looking for advice with the crossover

stevenator128

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Why are there ZERO threads in the pantech crossover section?

I just got this phone and it is my first Android phone, wondering if there is any phone-specific advice for getting the most out of this particular device. Thanks.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Why are there ZERO threads in the pantech crossover section?

I just got this phone and it is my first Android phone, wondering if there is any phone-specific advice for getting the most out of this particular device. Thanks.

Not sure. The Crossover is a very minimalistic Android device, so maybe there's not a lot of specific stuff people are looking to do.

My wife's got a Crossover and it's quite a nice little phone. We're just wondering when Gingerbread is going to come its way so we can do voice chat in Google Talk (I have a Verizon Thunderbolt).

I was surprised to see only one post on the board, and that one asking why there are no posts...

Machinehead420

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I just got one of these phones, and have just rooted it after a while of frustration, but a whole world of difference it makes when you finally have superuser access and are able to get rid of those pesky att apps like stocks, and myatt. I have some advice for rooting, first, I hear you can brick your phone by doing this, second, you can also brick your phone by having access to all those extra features, I chanced it by perm removing some att starter apps for instance. I use superoneclick and android adb console. Two things that were stopping me were the usb drivers and not formatting the sd card before rooting. Make sure when you connect your phone to computer for rooting that windows installs it as android ADB device, not android USB device. This was frustrating because windows keeps trying to install the wrong driver, and you have to update the driver manually. Theres not too much you can do to this phone to improve performance, I am working on getting an overclocking kernel to try to pump up the mhz a little bit. This is a good phone, but slows down really easy when you have too many things running. Rooting the phone and changing the governer and memory settings have really sped this phone up so far, I can notice a big difference in responsiveness. Also rooting your phone will void the warranty, but it is NOT illegal to root your phone, just dangerous. Happy Apping!

revsu

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
@machinehead420 - wow, man, that's a bit extreme for us regular users :) To answer the original question, keep in mind the desktop has five pages, and you can fill them with buttons for your apps if you want.
I don't know how to get rid of the pre-installed ATT apps, so I just ignore them, and took them off my left-buffer list.
Read the manual!
I don't know how to make folders on the SD card other than linking to a PC via USB and creating them in the PC, then dragging over. I'd really like to know how to do that. Then I would think it was a perfect little computer! :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463