New Firmware Update error. Need help!

Maurifuentes

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Well earlier today my Echo has recieved a notification for a new firmware update; I accepted the update and it restarted into the update screen. Halfway through the update, it suddenly stopped and said 'update error, please contact Sprint.' Now it just goes to the 'Kyocera' boot up screen, turns off, turns back on, and keeps on repeating. I've tried taking out the battery to turn it off to access the Recovery but as soon as I put the battery in it repeats the process and I can't access recovery. My phone is rooted, please help.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You should never accept OTA updates when rooted. If you could get adb to recognize it from PC, you could try pushing stock images.

Other than that you need to take it to Sprint store. Just say it bricked during update and don't mention it was rooted or ever was.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The tech at my Sprint store was able to re-push the image. Bad news is that the image was the 2.006sp and now I cannot root. There seems to be a manual push technique through recovery but my drivers are not working. At here the echo they are discussing this a bit.