[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Could this potentially work for rooting the Kyocera Event? Now I'm not root guru so don't rage on me for asking this question, but the phones are twins, aside from the slide-out keyboard.

Does anyone have the Event (Virgin Mobile) and is willing to try this method?

davijewell

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
hey guys if this does not work for you google search how to root rise without pc the method that works is the one with poot and minstro this has worked for me honest to god thanks for this great post

vmbridun

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to root my Rise and the root app runs and it continues to run even though many paths cannot be found. I ran the RunMe file as super user on my windows 7 pc. Does this only work in older versions of Windows? Or if you can help me figure out how to root my app from my mac, I would appreciate it.

Patrick Michael

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
It will do some magic. On your phone, there will be a screen regarding 'restoring a backup.' Don't worry, it won't erase any data. Press 'restore my data'.

never happened

lynchy007

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
how long does it take the phone to reset? everything else is going swimmingly but after I click restore my data the prompt just stays on running and my phone doesn't reboot twice. Am I doing something wrong?

Kristian Klahr

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded everything but my phone is telling me that it can't open the files?

- - - Updated - - -

I have downloaded everything but my phone is telling me that it can't open the files?

danielkyocerarise

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi my Kyocera Rise is having problems with the root.
Once I click restore all, it just says 'restore ended', and when I type
'su' into terminal emulator permission is denied.
Help?

LeanGreenBeans

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Quick little question - what would be considered the proper or preferred method for rooting the Rise? Basically, what I want to know if there are any significant differences between this rooting method and the no PC required one posted on Android Forums. I understand that the end results are the same (or are they...?), but it's the steps in the middle, their differences, and any effects they might have that I'm curious about.

Divisi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The download for the ZIP file isn't working at all. It just keeps trying to connect.
I quickly browsed around and didnt see anything about the link not working, so sorry if I missed a post about it.

EDIT: I just got a 404 on the link

EDIT again: I opened it about 100 times and got one to work

Thanks

Last edited:

Divisi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone followed the guide yet? Any issues?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Hey, thank you for the guide. I posted about the link not working, but it ended up working.
Now that I've gotten all the files though, the root isn't working. At all.
I do all the steps just fine, but in the end I don't have root. I've tried several apps to check root, and they all say no. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

lokiare

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I installed the x64 modem drive like requested and then plug my phone in, it acts like its installing the driver, but then I get a blue screen of death on windows and when it reboots I submit the crash report and windows doesn't show anything. Its either a bad driver or a virus or something like that. I'm using a Kyocera Rise from Virgin Mobile $35 prepaid. Going to look for a better way to root...

Praveen Ravindran

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chris,

Thanks for this..
I ran the RunMe file, It tried to push the Apps.. Clicked on Restore My data..
It just came up with Restore Starting.. and then "Restore Ended"
Nothing after that
Tried a couple of times. No luck
Please suggest
Thanks,
Praveen

Richard Lopes

May 30, 2013
Visit site
So, I know that this thread is pretty old, but i'm using it to Root my Rise at the moment, and i'm wondering if there is any specific way that the phone needs to be connected to the PC. Ex. Charge Only, Media Device, or Mass Storage. I have USB Debugging on, and right now I have it in Mass Storage, and it goes no further than, "If all is successful, I will tell you..." Well, it's not moving. Help?

NovaThunder

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the guide now I can delete apps I don't want to ever see again ^^ Anyways time has passed since you made the thread but I wanna share how I made it work flawlessly. ^^

Though my Kyocera Rise's model number is quite different from yours; Virgin and Sprint phones are model number C5155 while mine is a Public Mobile with model number C5156. That makes the driver you provide useless for Public Mobile users.

But I managed to find a way to get a working android driver for Windows (thanks EnzymeX, you can look at his original post in which he talks about PDANet app : http://androidforums.com/rise-all-things-root/667395-kyocera-rise-public-mobile.html, post #30):

- Install PDANet+ on the phone from the Google Play store,
- Then I installed PDANet app on my windows 7 64bits while the phone was plugged-in as a "Mass Storage" device.
- The windows app asked me to activate USB debugging which I did when asked,
- It then finished setup in mere seconds. The app just installed a generic android driver that worked with the rest of the guide.
- Follow the guide's instructions right after the driver install process since PDANet installed a generic driver working with the phone.

When done with the rooting process I typed "su" without quotes in the terminal and it did ask for root access. WONDERFUL!! So basically your guide is perfect as the rest went as straight-forward as it's supposed to.

N.B.: Windows didn't need admin rights, I just double-clicked "RunMe.bat" (from a folder without any spaces in any parent folder's name, I used "G:\BigBox\Non-Class?s\krise") and followed the thread tutorial step by step.

Thanks again it was worth registering just to get it to work then share the result with you guys ^^. Cheers :)

Do i have to put that code in i have no idea what it is help..

Mine didn't have any code so when it asked for encryption code I left it blank and tapped on "Restore my data".

...i'm wondering if there is any specific way that the phone needs to be connected to the PC. Ex. Charge Only, Media Device, or Mass Storage. I have USB Debugging on, and right now I have it in Mass Storage, and it goes no further than, "If all is successful, I will tell you"...

When I plugged it prior to installing PDANet for windows, I selected "Mass Storage". Thought I didn't enable USB debugging until PDANet asked me to do so. When asked I activated it and the computer immediately started working.

Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits
Root Status: ROOTED, THANKS!!!
Time Consumed: 10 minutes, from the moment I had the idea to root my phone, until the phone was rooted.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski