How much memory does this phone have? (not space)

bmxstud

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I heard it was 512mb but it doesn't run like it. In fact every program i run shows it only has 357mb of ram.

2wdwmfp.jpg

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
That is correct. The phone has only 357 MB of System RAM available when in use. In my case, slightly more than 2/3rds is sometimes used up when the phone is on. I have 68 apps installed, including a few games. I've moved as many as possible onto the SD card to open up some System RAM. Soneone on another forum has aggresively contacted Kyocera about fully unlocking the bootloader. Perhaps this could solve the memory issue, if some dev can take on the task of making a slimmed down ROM pack. It is possible to disable some of the included apps if your phone is unrooted, or uninstall/freeze them if it's rooted.

bmxstud

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
That is correct. The phone has only 357 MB of System RAM available when in use. In my case, slightly more than 2/3rds is sometimes used up when the phone is on. I have 68 apps installed, including a few games. I've moved as many as possible onto the SD card to open up some System RAM. Soneone on another forum has aggresively contacted Kyocera about fully unlocking the bootloader. Perhaps this could solve the memory issue, if some dev can take on the task of making a slimmed down ROM pack. It is possible to disable some of the included apps if your phone is unrooted, or uninstall/freeze them if it's rooted.
That would be awesome. My phone couldn't run anything NICE out the box. Trapster wouldn't work right.. Temple run didn't would force close. I deleted a bunch of stuff and now everything works perfect. There was only 35mb free ROM space which was causing problem for me. Now i have 75MB free ROM space and it works near perfect. Still it gets slow which is irritating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463