New Kyocera Echo Owner

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just handed my Photon & Lapdock down to my son while we wait out the summer for the fall phone releases...my contract is up in October.

Picked up an Echo for $85.00 brand new off of ebay. Always wanted one, but couldn't justify it as a new 2 year contract purchase. I don't have 4G in Des Moines, so that's not an issue. I'm getting a full day's use off of 1 battery, so I've been swapping them at the end of the day then charging them both overnight.

For the price I paid, I'm really happy with it. Its a little quirky, but its a nice phone...ugly, but very functional. It'll be fine for 6-8 mos. while I see what Sprint brings out over the next 9 mos. on all the OS's.

Its not perfect, like I need to download 'Google Play services' from the Play store, but that won't install b/c of some weird 'Unknown error "-102" '. So not everything is rosy...but not nearly as horrible as originally described.

I like it!

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So, mine just tried to update to Gingerbread and that failed with some 8507 Error.

Does anyone know if I can take it into my Sprint repair shop and have them upgrade it there? The online chat rep was of little help...had me install all the USB drivers and said it would 'find the update' when I connected it...which didn't work of course.

I'd really like to get GB on this otherwise very cool phone!

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just to follow up on my own thread.

I took mine into a Sprint store and they were able to successfully upgrade it to GB. So I'm now on the final Echo build and loving GB w/the Holo launcher installed. Great phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2