My Kyocera Hydro sucks

D-money443

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone is officially retarded. First the browser constantly shuts down on it's own, the Google slide keyboard along with the Skype is about as useful as bucket without a bottom, the damn thing freezes and for some reason it won't set my ringtones. The crazy thing is, it's not rooted! Please help! Are there any roots or hacks I can use to fix it or am I gonna need a new phone? I'm about three seconds away from throwing this thing in traffic.

Sent from my C5170 using AC Forums mobile app

MichiLater

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
You could send your phone my way. Lol. I actually had issues with my hydro vibe. I contacted Kyocera and they told me to contact Virgin Mobile. They may help with any software/hardware related issues.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
My phone is officially retarded. First the browser constantly shuts down on it's own, the Google slide keyboard along with the Skype is about as useful as bucket without a bottom, the damn thing freezes and for some reason it won't set my ringtones. The crazy thing is, it's not rooted! Please help! Are there any roots or hacks I can use to fix it or am I gonna need a new phone? I'm about three seconds away from throwing this thing in traffic.

Sent from my C5170 using AC Forums mobile app

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same problems. Plus the crap apps that are permently fixed in phone aren't even usable. When they shut down they screw up the rest of the phone. Sent messages directly to Kyocera with no response. Waste of money. My first one went down in less than month and insurance replaced same phone even after I bitched about seriously poor performance. Kyocera Sux.