BL? Dash 4.5 rooting

ThaumThaum

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Greetings.

I have a BL? Dash 4.5 phone running the OS version 4.2.1 with the 3.4.5 kernel. So far, it has resisted rooting based on guides for the Dash 4.0 version (which runs the 4.0 OS). Although I don't know exactly what the cause of the problem is, I have a guess based on looking at the script and checking using the adb shell.
  1. The script checks for the type of phone and appears to follow a generic path with no errors
  2. The script checks for USB debugging and continues with no errors
  3. The script attempts to push busybox, su, and the Superuse apk to /data/local/tmp and ric to /data/local/ric. This seems to fail because /data is owned by system and its group with 771 permissions.
  4. The script continues (did not check for successful copying on #3) and asks to restore a backup. On the phone, this appears to succeed and should reboot but does not
In this case, I wonder if the problem comes from having 4.2.1 rather than 4.0, from having a different phone (and possibly different manufacturer configuration), both, or other reasons. Is there a rooting guide for generic OS 4.2.1 devices?

Note: On the PC's end, I can use Ubuntu 12.04, Slackware 14, or Windows 7 for any OS-specific host tools.

Additional note: I am not sure if posting the shell script is allowed, but I could link to the video where I found a link to it or PM it.

trevorohio

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
nexusae0_wm_Screenshot_2012-11-13-07-51-50.png

ThaumThaum

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not replying sooner.:-[

I checked the options and found that verification of USB apps was already disabled. Could it be a manufacturer issue?

hilga007

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys!

I'm having the same issue -- its all set up properly, and it will install the root checker app but won't actually let me root the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2