Leave kyocera alone!

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I can say one thing about this, with a proper gameboy emulator, the next iteration of this would be a contender for my money. I hate the whole buttons on the screen thing i'm forced to do with my phone now, but slide out keyboards just suck to type on IMO. I love swype, and being able to type one handed with it. With this I could just flip out the other screen to play games and it would be AWESOME!

Once they get the dual-tasking to run full blast phones like this could easily take over. And i'll skip the whole flexible screen thing for durability issues. I like my gorilla glass and will probably never go back. All said and done, yes, this gives me a big rubbery one, but the concept borders on game changing. (Look what android has done to blackberry? Everyone had to have a keyboard to LIVE before.)

If they could craft a nearly edgeless display that mates properly for the next iteration I would also say it could definitely make watching a movie pretty enjoyable.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I can say one thing about this, with a proper gameboy emulator, the next iteration of this would be a contender for my money. I hate the whole buttons on the screen thing i'm forced to do with my phone now, but slide out keyboards just suck to type on IMO. I love swype, and being able to type one handed with it. With this I could just flip out the other screen to play games and it would be AWESOME!

Once they get the dual-tasking to run full blast phones like this could easily take over. And i'll skip the whole flexible screen thing for durability issues. I like my gorilla glass and will probably never go back. All said and done, yes, this gives me a big rubbery one, but the concept borders on game changing. (Look what android has done to blackberry? Everyone had to have a keyboard to LIVE before.)

If they could craft a nearly edgeless display that mates properly for the next iteration I would also say it could definitely make watching a movie pretty enjoyable.

I doubt it, but you do make good points. A flexible screen could be useful, but I don't think it would be for a smartphone. However, I would never get a dual-screen phone because it's less phone than toy. I have a computer to do my dual-screening on, but I just need a smartphone to do killer tasks that I couldn't do with my computer on the go. If I wanted dual-screen, I would just get a DS or something, otherwise, I would just want a single screen phone with high resolution and great battery life.

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
really guys? we can't judge a phone with out seeing it or even knowing the specs. All we know is that this is a phone with two screens and the people at sprint have seen it and think it is worth putting on a big show. Sprint is pretty good at picking out phones. The evo is still to this day has amazing specs. The epic was with out a doubt the best Galaxy s phone. Now lets stop thinking this phone is going to be bad and start thinking we might have a winner here.

Now that we've seen the specs, don't you feel silly for defending this turd?

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I've looked at many reactions, and I haven't seen the hate that exists here. I'm not sure that this forum represents all users, or even the target for this device. However, many other sites seem at least intrigued, so I'm not sure there will be a connection between reaction here and device sales.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've looked at many reactions, and I haven't seen the hate that exists here. I'm not sure that this forum represents all users, or even the target for this device. However, many other sites seem at least intrigued, so I'm not sure there will be a connection between reaction here and device sales.

Where are you looking? Everywhere I've seen, everyone was pissed. This includes Sprint's message boards on their website and Sprint's facebook.

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the teenagers will like it?

No. No they will not. I am a pretty stereotypical teen. yeah I wear skinny jeans and I have a huge bludge in my pocket from my evo.

yeah I don't see why all these tech blogs make it seem like us teens are complete idiot tools from new jersey. I guess I might be diffrent, but when I look around most people I know have android phones or iphones and sometimes blackberrys. This is why the kin failed. teens don't really want a phone made for teens.

ejw2011

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sprint's Big Announcement

Total Failure on Sprint's Big Announcement. It does not work well when they have the Epic still out there with no updates and the successful Galaxy Tab. I was not interested on expecting this news and it means less than zero to me. I was hoping to hear a Sprint Samsung Galaxy 3 tab...
This is my first post and I am an "old head" +55 but I love what the younger people are doing today on this site and sites like XDA. JUst remember to educate the seniors; after all we didn't do a bad job helping the younger generation along the way:)

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Total Failure on Sprint's Big Announcement. It does not work well when they have the Epic still out there with no updates and the successful Galaxy Tab. I was not interested on expecting this news and it means less than zero to me. I was hoping to hear a Sprint Samsung Galaxy 3 tab...
This is my first post and I am an "old head" +55 but I love what the younger people are doing today on this site and sites like XDA. JUst remember to educate the seniors; after all we didn't do a bad job helping the younger generation along the way:)

I wonder how big of an age group we have here. I am pretty sure I am the youngest. I can't even drive yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc