I guess I'm just wondering, the case proved that the iphone was pretty darn tricky to bypass the security. There were no backdoors, until the last news story that they found one. I know if the government knows a backdoor, they're probably not going to share it because as soon as it's found, it will be closed. But, I guess if someone ever stole my Android device, I would like to believe it's as secure, or more secure, than the San Bernardino phone. I am not a criminal and live a very boring white collar IT job. But being in IT, I'm very interested in this stuff. And, with the big deal the FBI made out of it lets you know the security up until now was pretty good and Apple has the consumer's backs. With them now knowing a hack and Apple not knowing what the FBI knows, now any Apple consumer's data is at risk. I'd like to think the government is fair and isn't just spying on everyone for the fun of it... Just looking for a checklist to make my phone secure.
    04-07-2016 05:50 AM
    Hi and Welcome to AC!

My understanding is that the problem was that the FBI couldn't brute force the password. The password was limited to 10 attempts and then it was encrypted and any attempt at recovery would certainly be lost. The FBI wanted a way to bypass the 10 attempt limit so they could brute force the password.
    04-07-2016 10:58 AM