How to vastly improve battery life

mohepfin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been battling bad battey life and finally found the fix. There is an issue where the echo will keep cell standby at 50% time without signal. This is because the phone is configured to look for a GSM signal as well.

The fix - everytime you reboot your phone quickly toggle to airplane mode and back. This will put the radio in a good state and you will see this number fall to near zero.

I am seeing amazing battery life since doing this.

mohepfin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just want to report back that this is making a huge difference. Only lost about 3% battery in the last two hours where before I would consistently lose 10% each hour.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
simple and easy trick... Nice , good job. Now onlything needed is for someone to make toggle switch app for you guys and this way you wouldn't have to worry about it just have it off always...

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am becoming more concerned by Carrier IQ and the fact that nothing kills it. And I'm afraid that the Echo will not have a big enough following to interest the rom builders to make a cleaned up, Echo-compatible, rom.

mohepfin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe the Epic had the same issue at launch. At least that is where I found this trick was in a thread about the same thing but with the Epic.

I'm using the app Tasker to do this for me on each reboot automatically now.

davem2421

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
you may also want to download and try an app called juice defender, I downloaded this last Thursday afternoon (just the free version), I set it to balanced and went an entire 11hrs of regular use before having to put it on the charger. I'm testing out the other settings; aggressive, extreme, customized, & advanced.

I wonder if you'd see any difference if you used this at the same time.

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try an app called Green Power, sounds like it's very similar to Juice Defender. Though to be honest, I'm not complaining about my battery life at the moment.