How to flash Echo with another Carrier / operator?

ps3evader

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay I have figured it out. You need to download the ndis driver and then go to pc connection then select tethered mode then your in diag. Also use cdma ws to find the spc. done.

hiro-isho

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a little late to be asking, but can anyone help me? I have had my Kyocera Echo now for 2 weeks after one cellphone shop told me on the phone that they could flash it to boost. When I went over there, the person at the desk told me they couldn't. I really like the phone and I would love to have it flashed over to boost. Can anyone help me out here?

highhacker

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a little late to be asking, but can anyone help me? I have had my Kyocera Echo now for 2 weeks after one cellphone shop told me on the phone that they could flash it to boost. When I went over there, the person at the desk told me they couldn't. I really like the phone and I would love to have it flashed over to boost. Can anyone help me out here?
Boost uses a sim card and is gms . you cant put this cdma phone on boost cause it has no sim .sprint verizon uscellular virgin mobile are all cdma carriers .. boost ,nextell,att,tmobile , cingullar are all gms carriers and use sim cards .

hh

KydDynoMyte

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Boost uses a sim card and is gms . you cant put this cdma phone on boost cause it has no sim .sprint verizon uscellular virgin mobile are all cdma carriers .. boost ,nextell,att,tmobile , cingullar are all gms carriers and use sim cards .

hh

Boost is cdma and uses Sprint's network.

pwta

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello new guy here, I flashed a dozen phones before so I'm some what intermediate in skill. However I encountered a problem flashing the Echo to Metro Pcs, I was able to write all the data (prl,nv items etc.) then I exited CDMA WS and clicked on the reset button when prompted when you finish the programming that is when my troubles started. The Echo seem to reset after clicking the button but does not reboot at all, only the bottom screen buttons blink every 3 seconds. I tried to reconnect to my PC but now the phone will not connect and see no connected ports. Anyone can help?

TIA