How to flash Echo with another Carrier / operator?

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Dear all,
As subject above, is there any step to follow? I would like to flash my Echo with another Carrier / Operator beside Sprint.

Really, really appreciate if someone would like to share his/their knowledge on this issue..thanks ;)

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is the only other carrier (besides Sprint) in the US that uses CDMA, so technically the Echo could work with their network. However, I don't think there is a way to do this. Granted, I'm no developer, but I have not heard of anyone making a ROM that would allow a phone designed for network A to work on network B. That being said, there is also very little if any development going on with the Echo, so even if this were possible, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply bro,
but I am not living in US, there are some Verizon's or Sprint's devices that run on CDMA works fine here.
especially droid's family such as droid 1, Droid 2, R2-D2 or even Droid 2 Global. If droid could run on CDMA's network in my country, so why can't Echo??

Of course the parameter of flashing the devices will be different but to me it's possible..I just sharing some thought here, maybe you guys have another idea for making it possible ;)

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Let me rephrase a bit. A Sprint device can run on another cdma network, but depending on the service roaming charges might be involved. Likewise with a verizon device running on another cdma network.

However, you would not be able to buy a sprint device and assign it to your account on another network (verizon for instance). it all really just depends on how all the different service providers work over there.

Hope I havent confused you, I may have confused yourself. In short, if you know of some other sprint devices that are working fine, then you shouldnt have a problem with the echo.

J

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks bro,
but one thing that I don't know is, how to enter the "diagnostic mode" on Echo? if I do know than the rest will be easy..:p

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks bro..
I already managed to use another operator on my Echo, btw I am not living in US, so I am using my country's Operator / provider..

But thanks for the info yaa, really appreciate it ;)

akabadnews

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You can unlock the phone (or have it done) and it should work on any CDMA carrier.

I'm not privy to extra/additional charges you may incur while doing this, however.

Is the Echo offered through any other service provider at the moment? Because when I read the thread title, the first thing I thought of was the FrankenPre.

For those who are unfamiliar with the term, a FrankenPre is a Palm Pre (Sprint) that has had it's comm boards switched with a Verizon/ATT Palm Pre Plus or Pre 2 or vice versa. This, in effect, gives the Sprint user a Pre +/2 with his Sprint comm boards still in tact. (Think of it as swapping engines between cars.)

cappin

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks bro..
I already managed to use another operator on my Echo, btw I am not living in US, so I am using my country's Operator / provider..

But thanks for the info yaa, really appreciate it ;)

Hi bro,

It looks like you have resolve this issue.I just got my kyocera echo from Sprint .And I want to use it on China Telecom CDMA Network. So I got the same issue. Could you share the solution with me please? Thank you very much!

;)

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
@Cappin,
sorry for late reply bro, did u already resolve the issue?
if not, maybe these steps would help u :
1. You have to have some tools like CDMA workshop, QPST Tool & HW virtual serial port
2. unlock code for Sprint kyocera Echo, there are some guys in the internet that can provide u the unlock
code, just give him the DEC code (18 character), it stated on the Echo's box
3. AMIN & Key also PRL file from your local Operator

search for inject / flash other's CDMA phone on internet such as droids family (droid 1, droid 2, etc), then you could follow the steps, it also applicable for inject the Echo..

Hope this can help you my friend :)

kosdi

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
@Cappin,
1. You have to have some tools like CDMA workshop, QPST Tool & HW virtual serial port
2. unlock code for Sprint kyocera Echo, there are some guys in the internet that can provide u the unlock

search for inject / flash other's CDMA phone on internet such as droids family (droid 1, droid 2, etc), then you could follow the steps, it also applicable for inject the Echo..

do you had the step by step? because had the similar problem. even i cant find the programming menu

thanks

cappin

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
@Cappin,

Thank you very much for your reply!
For the step 1, Could you give me some details? I have some guider documents about how to flash droid/droid x to other carrier. But droid and droid x are verizon phones. Does the sprint kyocera echo use the same flash steps as droid?

yoyoindrajaya

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
@Cappin,

Will it be locked after upgrade to Gingerbread?

mine is unlocked with Froyo OS.

nikkivann

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this man could also open the echo to be used with boost mobile? Could you please let me know how to contact him? Thank you. :)

manrayboy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
can anyone please tell me how to get into diagnostic mode on here tried all the variations of 3424
what other ways can i try, I want to keep the phone but if i cant get on metro i will have to sell it

ps3evader

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
can anyone please tell me how to get into diagnostic mode on here tried all the variations of 3424.
what other ways can i try, I want to keep the phone but if i cant get on metro i will have to sell it

For diag I got it by holding power and volume upand down led is green but nothing else shows up
got the drivers off kykcera website. But in cdma ws nothing is viewable. And qpst won't let me do any changes or even look at the settings I'm trying to get on page plus but nothing works
Idk can some one provide details
:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome