I kept getting Error 8507 when trying to update OTA so I decided to perform a Factory Reset and try again.

Now, I'm assuming by me doing this that the system apps never reloaded because I do not have a launcher on there so it just has a blank screen once it loads and I see the task bar.

I can't get into ADB or any file manager, at least it doesn't appear so. Any ida how to get the launcher back on there?

How can I simply flash back to a stock setup without sprint or kyocera getting involved?
    06-15-2011 09:33 PM
    already tried to release the battery for a while? then put it in again, then reboot..
    I also experience this 8507 error code, conducted Factory reset also but i didn't experience as you do..
    according to another thread on this forum, the only way to repair the error code 8507 is to re-flash the echo on Sprint's store..
    06-16-2011 03:23 AM
    Well that's a tough one if you can't get ADB to recognize the device. It may not just be a problem with a missing launcher if ADB won't connect to it...
    06-16-2011 04:56 AM
    yeah, it's as if the launcher apk is gone. how can I add it back if I can't get into adb?

I may have to call sprint or kyocera to get it flashed again. sucks I can't download the software to do this myself. would be so much more convenient.
    06-16-2011 03:49 PM
    I went to Sprint yesterday and they said there wasn't anything they could do. They ended up ordering a new phone.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    06-20-2011 08:33 AM
    got a new Echo applied the update and all is well.

To be honest it appears that the screen on this Echo is better than my first. The colors seem more vibrant and the blacks blacker. Maybe it's just me.
    06-22-2011 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD