Changes in Opera Mobile?

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
New version seems to detect Kyocera Echo and lock on phone skin, same with Opera Mini. I would prefer lock to tablet skin, but it seems okay.

There is an exit button! No more FC if you want to close it!

You can switch to Desktop User-agent!! The real versions of many sites work great! No more crap versions of Facebook, Youtube etc. GMail defaults to Basic HTML mode, but at least no WAP crap.

I would still like to choose what parts of the settings I sync with Link, but this update is mostly a big step forward.

Anyone else have thoughts? Stuff that works now, or stopped working?

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be about the same experience as before, except that it no longer runs in tablet mode. I have mixed feelings on that. The bigger UI is definitely easier to use.
I do like the fact that you can choose to run in 'desktop' mode, however I had already done the trick that forces pages to load in desktop mode anyways.
The exit is a nice touch as well. So far so good.
Does it seem a little faster to anyone? It could just be me, or maybe my wifi was particularly speedy last night.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea I do not like the larger tool bar or it being on the bottom. The menu accessable user-agent switch is nice, no more opera: config just for that. I have reloaded an older custom opera.ini that I used to use to get the desktop look/operation but have not played with it yet because I am still doing "while rooted housecleaning" stuff. I don't leave root on but rather do updates evey couple of weeks (merge system updates, force stuff to move to sd, backup etc.) then turn it off again.

sabby

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Uh-oh, quick reply in this forum is glitchy. Whatever I type the first time is lost, second time I focus textbox everything is okay. Seems to be issue with 11 update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy