Any word on the Samsung 8.9" Tab?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything lately about the 8.9" Samsung Tab? For some reason I really wanted to look at this one over the 10.1" Tab, and at first I thought they were supposed to come out around the same timeframe, but I haven't heard anything since the rumors in March-May sometime this year.

Does anyone have any additional info? Has it been scrapped? Still coming out? If so, release date?

Thanks!

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
At this rate it will be outdated by the time it comes out. Unless you have no tablet at all, I wouldn't consider a tablet purchase until this holiday season when the new stuff comes out. Then again, the first generation tablets are going to be surely discounted soon.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually wouldn't be looking at them until the holiday season, and I don't have one right now. Just my laptop and trusty Droid 3. I've pretty much decided on going with an Android tablet, just not sure which one. The iPad is cool, but it's really lacking in what it can do. It's the same thing as my step-daughter's iPod Touch, which isn't really all that incredible. And I'd actually prefer an 8.9" tablet, but a 10.1" will do.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I too think 8.9" would've been a great form factor, but it hasn't taken off for whatever reason. The G-Slate is never mentioned, and the Galaxy Tab 8.9 is apparently stillborn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci