In Car Dash Android Tablet head unit CA-Fi

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Pretty awesome double DIN Android head unit. Way easier than custom fabricating your dash to fit a 7in tab in there.
Of course if you are restricted to a double DIN opening this 6.2" screen is great.

If they hit the right price point i bet they will sell well.

Can't find if it has WiFi or not but i'm sure it will. One site stated that it will have 3G built in. Another site said 1st 1/4 2012 avail in europe.

Innotrends says it plans to showcase the unit at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, Oct. 13-16.

Company link >> Features | Ca-Fi Infotainment

Robthegenius

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The system seems to be available directly on the Ca-Fi website. Apparently it comes with external 3G or WiFi as choice. Anyone has bought a unit already?

fogman23

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had this unit for about 3 weeks. The hardware is great, fast, and the hardware buttons are well thought out. The Android config isn't as tight as it should be. They haven't licensed the unit for the Android Market, so getting some apps installed has been challenging.

I'm still working with them to resolve some challenges. My unit came with a USB wifi dongle. Can't get it to connect to my phone hotspot... which is a bit of a showstopper for me. If you are interested in more specifics, I can post more here.

danielccm

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know two things:
1. Can it support 2 phones at the same time via Bluetooth?
2. Any luck installing spotify or other music streaming application on the device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2