So I know pretty much nothing about android products. I have always been pretty much an apple guy but as I am looking for a larger tablet then my iPod touch I have come to two conclusions- one that I do not want to spend 500-600 bucks for one and two, I really like the 7" size. So I was hoping I could list what I primarily use it for and get some input on what 7" tablet would best suit my needs. Thanks in advance.

1. Value is going to be important. I would like not to spend over $300. That said I don't want junk that will cause headaches so I understand if more money is absolutely necessary.

2. General web surfing / email (yahoo account.

3. MLB. At bat with the ability to watch the streaming live games

4. Good facebook app

5. Good Skype app

6. Camera on face for video chatting a must

7. Good camera on back for pictures, video would be nice, but not a must.

8. E reader. I have been surprised how much I use and read with the kindle app on my iPod touch, so something that works well with kindle store/ reader would be good.

9. Apple apps I use a lot are Weei Boston sports radio, pocket money, I think there are android apps for these.

10. Wifi is fine, I have no desire to pay monthly 3G payments.

So what would be my best 7" tablet?
    10-12-2011 06:48 PM
    For the $300 price range for a 7" tablet... I would go with the HTC Flyer.
    10-12-2011 08:30 PM
    If you could save up another 100 bucks, the Asus Transformer is nice (I have this one, and the GTab 8.9). It's a 10.1", but it's such a good value. I've heard good things about the Vizio 8" tablet too, and that's around 279.00 I think. Lenovo just released a 7:, but they used cheaper materials to keep the price down.

I know this is an Android site, but the BlackBerry PlayBook is a solid device. It's $279.00 at Radio Shack right now, 16GB model. Beautiful screen (same resolution as the iPad), true multi-tasking, swipe gestures, full Flash. There aren't many native apps for it right now, but it will run Android apps when the new update comes out in a couple weeks. And if you own a BlackBerry phone, you can have Internet access on it for free.

Whatever you decide, spend a lot of time on the store playing with them. Get which ever one fits your needs the best. And make sure you check out the stores return policy; it's usually 14 days. If you don't like what you get, you can swap it for something else.
    10-13-2011 08:49 AM
    Check out the Acer Iconia A100.
    10-14-2011 05:36 PM
    Really appreciate the input so far. Thanks!
    10-14-2011 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD